1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are "we" the church; or is it the building?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    America is a country where the soul falls into a deep and happy sleep...... and the inescapable consequence is a spiritual and moral decline. It is also evident in today's churches. Our Christian moral foundation has been crumbling for years. Just come to NJ and NY and take a look around. The present condition of both church and state is truly frightening. Today, as it was nearly 2700 years ago in the days of the prophit Isaiah (5:27), evil is called good and good is called evil. So how does a professing Christian work to prevent the decay...the moral demise of both church and state?

To tell you the truth .... when I look at the sorry state of my country, my home state and many churches, I get a clue for what Jonah must of been feeling.....he must of been disgusted with these Ninevites, these enemies of God. And the message he delivered to them was both heartless and loveless. He simply stated that the city would be destroyed in 40 days. Period!

And what happened next. Nineveh declared a fast, put on sackcloth as a sign of humility and repented. It was a masterful turn around and the glory is all Gods.

So in closing, the fate of these dying churches.....just like the fate of America rests where? Can I as a professing Christian do anything to avert the catastrophe that will befall us? Do we need another prophet to lay it out for us......and will we (in the age of Homosexual marriage, abortion, free love & Wall street) ever learn & finally worship God above all things?

#21 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2015
  2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

....and what else happened? Jonah was mad at their repentance! He was mad at GOD for saving them. Jonah wanted to watch them get vaporized. God forgive me for being like Jonah and I'm serious.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what you say and correct me if I'm wrong being a Christian and Christianity are two different things?... This thought just crossed my mind this morning in my devotions... Jesus told Peter three times feed my lambs and feed my sheep... God is the only one that can make a lamb or sheep by his Holy Spirit and its our mission is to feed them... btw I commend you on your mission... God never gave me a passion like you have... Brother Glen

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't feel so bad....most of the time I'm just like Jonah. I also get resentful and I just want to be left alone. However God has his ways and when we are tapped, it becomes our duty. But if you keep reading the scriptures brother you land on Micha has the answer (6:8)....1. Act justly, 2)love mercy, & 3) walk humbly with our God.

I seriously believe that that is the theme of all scripture. Funny how we always fail to act upon it.