1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we to judge others?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Shane, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Never have I EVER told someone that no matter what, you are going to burn in hell. What about that don't you understand? I tell them that the sins they are commiting will send them to hell.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

We're not talking about the Baptist Board. We're talking about observing the behavior of your friend, neighbor, or son and deciding whether or not you should share with them the gospel. If you NEVER make this kind of determination you NEVER lead anyone else to Him. If that's important to you (It is to me) you have to use some judgement.

4. RayMarshall19

RayMarshall19 New Member

Let me say this again, Pappy. The sins you commit after you are saved will not send you to Hell. Only rejecting Christ's offer of salvation can do that. After you are saved God still hates your sins but forgives them. All of them. And all of mine. And all of every other Christian's, no matter how "bad" they are.

5. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Rev. 21:8~ "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Yes, those sins will send you to hell. And of course, if you really are saved, you wouldn't be doing them. And why are you guys having such a problem with it? Do you think that just because you "accepted" Jesus as Saviour means you are going to Heaven and you can act ANY way your want to? Sorry to burst you bubble ...naw, I'll let God do that! *hehe [​IMG]

6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Gal 3:21) Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

(Gal 3:22) But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

(Gal 3:23) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

(Gal 3:24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

(Gal 3:25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

(Gal 3:26) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

7. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

GOD

HATES

LIARS !!!

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] I didn't say it, I didn't say anything; are you calling scripture a liar? :rolleyes:

9. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Oh I know, I thought that you were going to post a post after those scriptures so I decided to post one of my tracts! ;)

10. standingfirminChrist

We can judge, but we have to make sure it is righteous judgment.

John 7:24

11. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

AMEN, STANDING !!!

12. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Quite a list of sins that will prevent a person from going to heaven (according to your logic). Now I will confess that there have been times since I have been saved that I have committed one or more of these sins in various degrees and for various lengths of time. I, also, suspect that there is a very high probablility that I will commit one or more of them in the future. I think the key is in the difference between committing an individual sin and being able to be characterized by that sin.

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

He is not saying that we are now sinless and cannot be accused of ever committing any of these acts but that we are not such people who live in these lifestyles unrestrained. The unsaved are learning how to do these things and the saved are learning how NOT to do (practice) these things and it is not possible for a man with finite wisdom to determine which side of the learning curve an individual is on.

13. ronthedisciple

ronthedisciple New Member

So, when Paul tells us in Phillipians that he hasn't arrived at perfection yet, which obviously means that Paul admits that he commits sinful acts, even as he writes the epistle, does that mean that he isn't saved, seeing that if he were he wouldn't be sinning?

Oh my! If that were true, it is all in vain (I think Paul said that, too).

14. standingfirminChrist

In 1 Timothy, Paul was speaking of sinners and he made this statement, 'of whom I am chiefest'. Very interesting statement for this reason...

Paul was saying he was 'chiefest of sinners' in other words, he sinned more than any one. What makes it interesting is he refers to himself as chiefest of sinners in the present tense. He did not say 'of whom I was chiefest'.

Paul stated in Romans 7:19 that he found himself doing evil when he truly wanted to do good. This is because of the law of the flesh warring against the law of the Spirit. We battle daily. Paul said he had to beat his body and keep it under subjection daily. We too must keep our bodies under subjection, not giving in to the many temptations of the flesh. The only way we can do this it to trust Christ to do it for us.

Solomon wisely put it this way, 'Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.'

15. benz

benz New Member

W"hy aren't we to judge their salvation? "

Because we arent God, we can warn them that they are sinning against God and use scripture to show them their error (the HOLYGHOST) inspires you to do so, IT IS GODS JOB TO JUDGE THEIR SALVATION AND LIVES not ours...we are his humble servants...wE will however judge fallen angels one day to eternal damnation :D

16. standingfirminChrist

Ahh, but we can judge. The Word of God tells us in John 7:24 "Judge righteous judgment'. Paul was written a letter from Corinth explaining to him several infractions within the church.

Paul wrote back from Ephesus that they were to judge in many manners, even to the point of putting one man completely out of their church. Paul addressed all issues and told the people in 1 Corinthians 5 that they have the authority to judge within the body of Christ.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont forget the other half of the verse.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

HankD

18. buckster75

buckster75 Member

1 Corinthians 5:12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

someone most likely already posted this