1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you from the Greater Boston Area?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 4, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to hear from you about the Boston Lock down?

It is easy to give a 20-20 hindsight opinion when you don't have all the facts. If you are not from Boston, but have friends or relatives there, I would like to hear what they have to say.

I did find this link. There are dozens of comments - pro & con. Some interesting opinions.

All are invited to post, even if you are not from New England, but when you post, please tell us (1) where you are from (if not otherwise indicated) and (2) your relationship to Boston. If you are unable to comply with these two simple request, then your opinion carries absolutely no weight with me.

The basic purpose of this thread is the lock-down of Boston - was it justified - was it too extreme, ect. What action has your city done to prepare for a potential emergency. Are there major events in your area that could be affected. (for example here in the Salt City, we are home to the New York State Fair - daily attendance is about 50-75 K) Do you think we will see more of this throughout the United States.

#1 Salty, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And you should also state whether or not you know what your rights under the constitution of the United States are.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and I will add the word "reasonable"

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

From North Carolina.
    Numerous situations where large crowds gather for events and for study.

Locally, the number of "lock-downs" is increasing. While it may have happened, it wasn't many years ago that "lock-down" as it's being done today was unheard of to my knowledge. Lived here all my life.

Streets may have been blocked off for some reason. Access may have been restricted to an area with an on-going situation. But, unlawful search and seizure was not the "routine/standard" mode of operation by law enforcement. Although I haven't experienced it first hand, my impression is that the only time people could be FORCED to stay in their homes was when quarantined because of the presence of a highly infectious disease.

My how times have changed. There's a big difference between suggesting that people stay in their homes to being forced to stay in them. Forced to stay because somebody thinks somebody saw/did something in the area. Lock down a neighborhood because somebody thinks they saw somebody carrying a weapon. That IS happening around here.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm curious. How many of our younger readers have been through lock downs or lock down drills while in school?

What was your experience like?

Did you feel like you were being trained to accept the lock downs of whole cities?

#5 poncho, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013