1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Arguments Against Calvinism...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Poor little Steaver,
    The problem is that it looks as if all the other people have looked at your posts and have seen the same pattern over and over.:sleeping_2:
    When asked to produce scriptural arguments you retreat like a turtle in the shell:wavey:

You are just looking to cause trouble and dissention....not really looking to find truth at all. Then you want people who can and have taken a biblical stand to interact with you on this sub Christian and dishonest level and they are rejecting you like they do Van, and DHK....
    I am just a neutral observer in this thread but I am sure I have my hand on the pulse of this failed thread.
    If you want to get a start on this topic perhaps you could secure a copy of John Murrays Redemption Accomplished and Applied.
    If you read that as a starter...come back to us when you are able to conduct adult interaction on that book......

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, at least we agree the OP declaration by you is failing to produce confirmation. So I guess you were in error when you spoke it. And I have the Scriptures so I won't be needing any man-made twist and spins.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    steaver

here is a teachable moment for you ....We do not agree at all...yet you take it upon yourself to pronounce what you think I agree to. I do not agree at all Steaver, and you refuse to just speak for yourself.

I said the people do not like how you conduct yourself, they do not like your immature twisting of statements, so they are not going to feed into your bait and switch notions.

Cals are very familiar with all the objections , based on the wrong uses of the word All......world....foreknow.....the fall.....

Most if they are a believer for any length of time have heard the same foolish claims over and over...sub biblical philosophical, carnal reasoning against God and His word.

In the last closed thread...your hero DHK was corrected and admonished that he had no idea what he was speaking of in Jn 3.....yet he vainly persisted to oppose the truth and could not respond biblically on the topic....he never has answered that and he never will...simply because he is wrong...like you:thumbs:

You were asked to give a scriptural account of your claims, and you like DHK fail to do so. I understand...you cannot so you hide behind Calvin objections rather than give a scriptural response... You shift to historical speculation rather than scriptural truth.

:laugh:you can guess all you want, but that is not going to change anything but rather support what I am telling you right here.

get the book I suggested to you. You claim you do not need it...but you do as it will give you much needed truth . Your claim that you "have the bible" and that IS ALL you need is not holding up to well.

To claim you "have" the bible.is what all cultists make also. If you cannot glean truth from it ....YOU DO NOT HAVE IT AT ALL:laugh:

The only manmade twists and spins come when you"guess" what others say, or you re-word and add to what people say....that is why no one interaqcts with you. They want to see scripture...not bad and defective ideas that are just causing strife and division.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apart from brother Icon's off topic rants, there has been no responses to the OP's request. So I believe we can conclude Calvinist cannot make a better argument against Calvinism than non Cals can and thus it was just some more bloviating from brother Icon.

Now some advice for you brother Icon. You once held some esteem here on the BB from your fellow Calvinist and even some non Cals I would add, but ever since your getting taken to the wood shed on the TULIP = Sheep stance, you have lost any respect and influence you once had here from what I have observed. You have transgressed into childlike name calling and basically whining. Get it together my friend and try to repair your reputation, a good start would be to admit when you have posted irrationally, and to apologize for the childlike rants you have taken. :wavey:

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    nice try clown:laugh:

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Since the Church of Rome teaches Baptismal regeneration that statement may be the one time he was truthful, at least according to Church of Rome teaching.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you asking us to defend the entire theology of calvinism proper, as calvin would have held with, or else the statements of the Grace truths found in the scriptures, TULIP, though here?

As I would NOT agree with his views on infant baptism, nor fully with all of his views....

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just what the OP asks for. It wasn't asking for a defense of Calvinism, but rather arguments against calvinism by Calvinist. Icon said you guys had some better ones than us non cals had.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Ever notice you never see steaver or Rebel on here simultaenously?

Read their posts. Eerily similiar...

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You don't think we are the first two to ever notice calvinism is error do you? Millions reject Calvinism you know.

You know what's wonderful? One day there will be no Christian allowed to call themselves a Calvinist!!! When I get to heaven, I won't have any ism I will have to abandon.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    then maybe you will have a better understanding of doctrines of grace.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    at least Rebel identifies himself as rebellious to the faith. I can appreciate honesty. that you can at least work with.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You make such a false statement about Rebel and then you say you appreciate honesty? Ever hear Jesus scold the Pharisees......

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh what a glorious day it will be! When Calvinism will cease to be!!

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Welp, I've made that accusation twice, so that makes two times both could step forward and refute me and my accusation and they haven't. Some IP address investigating is needed imo.

If this correct, both those usernames should be banned. That's a major 'no no' on here...

16. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Look, you dolt, he and I are not the same person. I get so sick of this kind of crap. If you want to know that what I am saying is the truth, ask DHK. He knows who I am.

Now shut your face.

17. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Well, I just refuted you in the post just before this one. Is that good enough for you? If not, I've got something else for you.

18. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Rebellious to what faith? Oh, you mean the false gospel of Calvinism? Okay, guilty as charged. :)

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oooooooooh!! Internet tough guy. Well, I PM'd an admin, requesting both your IP addresses be checked. And that 'cr*p' word is quite becoming....

20. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Hey, you started the accusations and lies, and made a challenge. If you can't take it, don't instigate anything. I am defending myself.

Yeah, I welcome an IP address check. I'll expect an apology from you, but I doubt you have the integrity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.