1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ark of the Covenant

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Navymans, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Navymans

Navymans New Member

Ok guys and gals put on your thinking caps and help me please, what happen to Aaron's Rod and the Pot of Manna that was put into the Ark, but in 1st Kings 8:9 it says nothing was in there but 2 tablets of stone, now we know the rod was placed in side and the pot of manna, I have searched high and low and can not find where we are told what happen to them, this came up in class tonight befor Church and it is driving me nuts trying to find where it tells what happen to them or who jacked them. So help me please.

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Nothing else was ever in the ark. The articles mentioned Heb 9:4 were not IN the ark. They laid BY it.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

But Heb 9:4 says the jar of manna was in the ark.

4. Navymans

Navymans New Member

Yes they both were placed inside the ark, Hebrews 9:4 tells us that both the manna and the rod and the tablets where placed into the ark. But then later the rod and manna is gone and I cant find them anywhere in the scriptures to where they went or who got them out.

#4 Navymans, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
  5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Navymans, I have done some searching and came up with zip. My commentary (KJV Bible Commentary) says there is no way to know what happened to the jar and the rod. I also googled it and came up with the same answer, we can't know what happened to them. The Bible is silent on this.
    I don't know what your pastor has in mind. But there are plenty of people on the BB that are far more knowledgeable than me. :)

6. Navymans

Navymans New Member

I think he is playing with me, for I too have came up with zip, one could only think it was either Moses or Aaron or the Lord took them out and to heaven, I did find a reference of the rod in some Jewish papers saying that the lord will have the rod with him when he comes to his kingdom but who knows.

7. Navymans

Navymans New Member

Ok I have found where Moses told Aaron to take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein and lay it up befor the Lord to be kept for your generations. This is in Exodus 16:33. This I found in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance I have, still working on the rest.