1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arkansas Couple Welcomes 17th Child

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by James_Newman, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe New Member

Interesting... I stated an opinion of it's resembling a cult, I never stated I knew it was. And since you knew the answer to your next three questions, you are deliberately wasting my time. I am sure you can understand why I will use the ignore feature for the first time.

2. Joe

Joe New Member

#62 Joe, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007
  3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Brother, (I am assuming brother because I don't know your gender, if it "sister", please accept apologies), let me share with you.

I currently own 1.75 acres of a 15.66 acre lot that my dad, step-mother, aunt, and grandfather own. All of this is joined to about 66 acres that my grandfather owns separately. I pray the Lord will bless me with being able to stay close to my family and that this would continue as my children grow and they would also settle near to me. I want them to be with me always. I want their mansion in glory right beside mine.

My boys wear what clothes are cheapest. For us, that has been some passed down from a friend, to my oldest, then to the pastor's boy, and now back to my youngest. We are worse than the Dugger's, we want our whole church wearing the same thing... j/k. But I do want my children dressed similar, and that includes for my family, dresses or skirts on the women folk.

I homeschool my children.

I would homechurch my children if our church separated.

There are three independent Baptist churches within 15 miles, more within 30 miles any which way. We started our own.

This is truth. I know not God's calling on you or your family and you know not mine. Neither of us know God's calling on the Dugger's and it would be best that you let them work out their own salvation with fear and trembling and worry more about yourself.

It would be a different story if they were doing some strictly forbidden in the Bible. Thus far though, all I have seen is railing accusations against them based on opinions. We should be thankful that they are endeavoring to raise their children in a Godly environment with love and a strong (very strong) family. I wish the Lord to give me as many children as able, but my wife is able to bear three that we are aware of. That is my lot, the Dugger's have thier lot. Let us leave them in peace to serve God, not to be ridiculed and harrassed over opinions that lack Bible footing.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You apparently don't like the word 'accost'. I didn't define the word, it is plain English. It doesn't always mean to approach for sex, but can be just to approach or stop someone to talk to them. So get a dictionary and get over it.

Like I have said, many adults in positions of trust have bad intent. You cannot teach your child that it is ok to talk to some strangers and not others, as when the situation arises, the child who takes the time to try to process it all will be the victim. So this is the first problem with the Gideons approach.

Secondly, I also have stated, and will again, that it is up to the parents to teach religion, not strangers on the street. I don't want Imams handing out Korans, Wiccans handing out the Wiccan Rede, or Mormons handing out the Book of Mormon to my kids to proselytize them, therefore others deserve the same respect of their parental rights from Christians. This is just the type of buttinski tactics of "were right, your mom and dad are wrong" that gives Christians a bad name. The Gideons need to myob vis-a-vis children and leave them alone unless they have a parent with them.

BTW, your position is not the "Approved Christian Position"(TM), you are not the Baptist Pope, so any opposition is not opposing Christianity. It is opposing a view that puts kids at risk. I don't care if the Gideons are out in pairs, that is also dangerous for a child to be close enough to a pair of adults to take a Bible. Being that close is also close enough to be kidnapped.

So getting this thread back OT, I agree with those who think this family could become a cult, and are certainly doing a disservice to their children by making them raise each other. These people have serious mental health issues, IMO.

#64 Magnetic Poles, Aug 6, 2007
  5. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

That is best. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. A Biblical stance I ask for, a retreat I get.

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Please take your issues to the Gideon thread and you can explain to me what "accosting", "preying,"buttinski tactic", "myob" and "slander" mean.

For this thread feel free to develop your argument for what a dangerous path it is to for a large Christian family to homeschool and homechurch as this somehow can lead to incest. :rolleyes:

7. Joe

Joe New Member

Let me clarify this statement better

This is manipulative. When she miscarried, it wasn't god's decision for them not to have a child but HER actions of taking birth control pills. She quit using them. and it was then that "they decided to let god determine the size of their family" Hellloooo ...do they not know what a c*ndom is?? I guess God happened to forget instruct her on this :BangHead:

When Michelle miscarried, she felt it WASN'T Gods decision that she didn't have a baby. She blamed herself saying the birth control pills she was taking caused this. So she never felt it was Gods will that she not have the baby
    Yet after she stopped the birth control pills, she and her husband are quoted as saying "they decided to let God determine the size of their family" now suddenly, when she is pregnant, it is Gods will. This is what I found manipulative.

I added my thoughts right after of Helloooo do they not know what a c*ndom is?? (of course they do, it is a joke) then I added I guess God happened to forget to instruct her on this.
    If some would read the information, the links provided, maybe they would know this instead of constantly questioning me, and then not accepting my clariication and adding accusations of I thought this or that. In reading the links I provided, it will help avoid misunderstandings.

I still need to be able to learn to use the quote buttons, but are having trouble. It's like I can do one quote, but the next time I hit the quote button, it doesn't work. Maybe it's because I have a mac
    I will do better next time.

8. Magnetic Poles

Read your own post. You are the one that brought them over here, so I assume they are YOUR issues.

9. Magnetic Poles

I said the isolation from kids from other families has THE POTENTIAL to cause that type of behavior. If these kids never interact in a normal way with people outside their family, then I believe they may indeed explore their curiosity in inappropriate ways with siblings, if that is the only other children to whom they are allowed to interact. Cults and weirdness grow in isolation. This family has all the hallmarks of one that could have that end result.

This is my opinion, you don't have to like it. Too bad.

#69 Magnetic Poles, Aug 6, 2007
  10. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Astonishing is the right word. Lack of Christian charity comes to mind as well. I go to this families web site and I see Bible verses all over the place and I see God being glorified. I see pictures of this family and I read them glorifying God in their written, verbal and active testimony and I see a man who has his house in order. I see a blessed family filled with many arrows and then I hear "Christians" impugning this family and assuming the worst about them with absolutely zero evidence and nothing resembling a Biblical argument for their railings. Well, I'll walk with Duggan family before I'll walk with their critics. Thank you for the kind words brother, grace and peace to ya.

11. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Highlight the text you specifically want to quote and then hit the quote button or type in the correct code example given on the quote that works.

12. Magnetic Poles

I will also point out that forcing children to live in that type of familial isolation is itself a form of child abuse.

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

All you are doing is impugning this family. It would be akin to me saying your effeminate worldview has the potential to lead you into a life of sodomy. It would not be right for me to say this about you and it is certainly not right for you to say what you said about this Christian family. This family isn't here to defend themselves so why don't you go back to the Gideon thread where at least you will only be falsely accusing men, rather than disparaging women and children in your effort to assert your "opinion".

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I will also point out that your assertion is, from a Biblical world view, asinine.

15. Magnetic Poles

That's all ya got? More slanderous statements?

16. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Amen and I couldn't agree more. I dare say that we would certainly find less order, Bible learning, and adherence to Godliness with most critics and their homes. Maybe that is why such venom is being spewed!

I am thankful where God is being honoured and highlighted, which isn't most places these days.

17. Magnetic Poles

What a twisted version of the Bible you must have! Are you sure it isn't written by Anton LaVey?

#77 Magnetic Poles, Aug 6, 2007
  18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Evidence?

It would be much easier to prove that forcing children to grow up in a home with cable is a form of child abuse, but no one dares spew venom in that direction.

Methinks your statement is a falsehood without evidence or proof... better yet, meknows.

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

No. I've got a dictionary for you too.

SLA''NDER, n.

1. A false tale or report maliciously uttered. and tending to injure the reputation of another by lessening him in the esteem of his fellow citizens, by exposing min to impeachment and punishment, or by impairing his means of lining; defamation. Slander, that worst of poisons, ever finds an easy entrance to ignoble minds.

UT''TER, v.t.

1. To speak; to pronounce; to express; as, to utter words; to utter sounds.

LI''BEL, n. [L. libellus, a little book, from liber, a book, from the sense of bark, and this from stripping separating. Hence liber, a book, and liber, free, are the same word.]

1. A defamatory writing,...

(Source: Webster's 1828)​

20. Magnetic Poles

So now that you know what they are, maybe you can work on eliminating them from your reportoire of hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.