1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Armed Citizens Stand Guard at Army Recruiting Stations

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So they teach yall in Alabama how to pick out Muslims by their appearance? Can you do the same with Christians?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, because Christians don't tend to come from a specific part of the world with identifying physical traits.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you identify a Muslim in a group of people? What criteria would you use?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Exactly what physical traits do you identify these Muslims by?

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that American Christians look just like Ethiopian Christians and just like Chinese Christians, and just like Hispanic Christians and just like Palestinian Christians?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Enquiring minds want to know.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, princess. You spent eight pages avoiding my questions, so you don't get to ask questions.

8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Skin color, accent, clothing, body language, etc.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Okay. I can see people doing that.

Is it fair to say that would be stereotyping?

According to Scripture, would you consider making those type of judgments to be sinful?

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. It's profiling, not stereotyping.

Of course not.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're judging by mere appearances. So you're splitting hairs and trying to pretend like the action is not the same.

I asked if they teach yall in Alabama to pick out Muslims by their appearance? You proceeded to list identifying physical traits by which you identify Muslims.I asked if Scripture made your type of judgment sinful? You said of course not.

But the word of God says:

John 7:24

So how do you reconcile what Scripture says we are to NOT do with what you say you ARE doing?

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, they're two different things.

Simple, really. Not being a complete and utter moron, I can read those verses in their proper context and see that they have nothing at all to do with identifying someone by appearance.

Here's the whole passage:

"4About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. 15The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?” 16So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. 17If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. 18The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. 19Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law. Why do you seek to kill me?” 20The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who is seeking to kill you?” 21Jesus answered them, “I did one work, and you all marvel at it. 22Moses gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23If on the Sabbath a man receives circumcision, so that the law of Moses may not be broken, are you angry with me because on the Sabbath I made a man’s whole body well? 24Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

So, as you can see it has nothing to do with what you've accused me of doing.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Actually they are not.

WOW. You got some problems but that's nothing new on this board. And some of you wonder why homosexuals get the idea from that they can justify their sin. :rolleyes:

What I can see is your failed attempt to twist Scripture to not mean what it does so as to justify the sin you're committing.

I'll just add that to the list of sins that a lot of Christians are committing while refusing to acknowledge it as sin.

Just another reason why the very things we say we don't want, God will continue to give us.

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I would strongly suggest you invest in dictionary.

Actually, I quoted it verbatim.

#34 JohnDeereFan, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
  15. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While you bring up the subject of dictionaries I would suggest you look up the difference between religion and ethnicity. You apparently are struggling with the understanding of those definitions.

16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I'm not struggling with either one. Ethnicity and religion are two different things.

However, when the religion Islam, the vast number of Muslims share a Middle Eastern ethnicity. For this reason, when law enforcement looks for a Muslim, they tend to look for the Arab looking gentleman with the Middle Eastern accent before they look for the 6'3" Scandinavian fellow.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've got one and fully understand that you're trying to excuse your stereotyping of what you think a Muslim is gonna look like as profiling, and somehow have deduced that makes your judging by mere appearances any less sinful than it is.

Forgive my faux pas as the problem isn't your twisting of Scripture but of you flat out trying to excuse your actions of judging by mere appearances.

You said it so it really makes no sense to now try and deny it.

18. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure you'll apply the same logic then to the fact that most people of Middle Eastern descent as well as Muslim practitioners are not murdering terrorists either.

See how that works.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:thumbsup:

20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You simply did not understand ... and of course, you were not looking for an answer just misdirection. It would be nice if you asked a rational question.

Mine was quite rational in response to your reply indicating that all Muslims look alike. They do not and they do not all come from the Mid-East.

I guess you would shoot a Amish or Old Order Mennonite woman as they walked past a recruiting station because the had their head covered. This could happen as you allowed a Muslim terrorist woman approached a recruiting station with no head covering.

And Arab Christians best not wear a head covering if they are a woman or a beard if they are a man if you are around as you would know they were terrorists because of their physical features and dress.

#40 Crabtownboy, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015