1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arminian Aberrations

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

"There is no debate among Christians as to the sufficiency of that satisfaction to accomplish the salvation of all men, however vast the number. This is absolutely limitless. 2d. Nor as to its applicability to the case of any and every possible human sinner who will ever exist. The relation of all to the demands of the law are identical. What would save one would save another. 3d. Nor to the bona fide character of the offer which God has made to 'whomsoever wills' in the gospel. It is applicable to every one, it will infallibly be applied to every believer. 4th. Nor as to its actual application." - AA Hodge

I honestly think you and AA Hodge may just not agree on this particular point...or at least you differ in the wording...

"There is no debate among Christians as to its applicability to the case of any and every possible human sinner who will ever exist."

I can't imagine you ever saying that, can you?

#181 Skandelon, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Thanks for admitting that you are not doing your own research on this issue. Makes sense. Also, you trust that someone else will cite accurately an individual with whom they do not agree. That is rather shoddy sholarship.

I'd prefer to have the book and page cited where Hodge (which one?) said that stuff so I can read it in context.

4. Skandelon

:laugh: Yeah, there is such a high standard to meet around here. Sorry about that. :laugh:

Surely you must have found some major discrepancies or something to provoke this kind of response? No?

These are direct quotes from their actual work, but if you have evidence to show otherwise I'd be happy to consider it.

Then look it up. I'm not your momma. :smilewinkgrin:

I'm just messing with you bro...this just really gave me a good chuckle.

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

By now, you should assume that I will look it up.

6. Skandelon

#186 Skandelon, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
  7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

You fellows sometimes make my head spin more than power series solutions to higher order non-linear non-homogeneous systems of differential equations. :)

8. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

God invented differential equations. Understanding Him is on a higher order than mathematics.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Wow GL, we agree on somethings. :)

Actually,

God invented the whole numbers, all else is the invention of man. (Bertrand Russell....I think)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.