1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arminians using Calvinist solutions for OSAS

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by BobRyan, Jun 9, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I never thought about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. here now

here now Member

AMEN RC, AMEN!

2. OCC

OCC Guest

"KJ,
    Your argument is turned on its head.

It's not about knowing your saved, I KNOW I am saved. And with that I also know that Christ WILL never let me lose my salvation because it is He that keeps it. My trust is in the promise of Christ!"

No it's not. It makes complete sense. You see...those other people trusted (or thought they did) Christ AS WELL. Don't you Calnvinists say that only the elect will WANT to or even CAN turn to Christ. So..no..my argument is not turned on it's head. You just need to be intellectually honest and admit that I am right.

"You on the other hand puts your trust in your "choice". Your salvation depends on your fickle day to day "feelings" of being saved. If you choose one day for Christ, you can easily "choose" one day to NOT follow Christ. You are the one who has the fragile salvation because it is founded on man not Christ."

Oh so you think so eh? I can't easily choose one day to not follow Christ as the Bible says He will never leave me nor forsake me. Duh! How is trusting in what God said to do (believe in Christ) an example of faith being founded on man??? Dude...when you make sense let me know. For that is nothing more than an illogical example of a brainwashed Calvinist spouting off his cultic diatribe? How do I know? I FELL for it before I got smart!

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see your posting feeling and not substance. Lets get back to the point of the thread 'with details' this time.

#1. Are you a 4 or five point Calvinist?

#2. If you are a 5 pointer THEN you believe that your OWN ASSURANCE today is worthless IF it turns out that 10 years from today you fail to persevere.

(Which is one of the points of this thread).

If you have some way for a 5 pointer to get around that obvious problem -- then show something logical (something that holds water).

In Christ,

Bob