1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Article on Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Dec 26, 2007.

1. leesw

leesw Member

I'm trying to study up on all the candidates and have found that, with the exception of Duncan Hunter, there's not a perfect candidate.

For me there are some that are right on several issues and only have some question marks (like Huckabee, Thompson, McCain, Paul and Romney). There are others who are almost complete zeros when it comes to the issues (like Giuliani, Hillary, Obama, Edwards, etc.).

So for those of you who don't want to base your vote on a preconceived idea and want to read up as much as you can on the candidates, here's an opinion article on Mitt Romney that I found. It actually brings up cases of when he was governor and made very good decisions (decisions that Hillary, Obama and/or Edwards simply would not make because of ideological differences).

Here's the Mitt Romney article if you are open to there being good in him. When it comes to the majority if issues, he, like Huckabee, appears to be running on the right side. So in my opinion it's a matter of if we trust him to preside that way. This article will demonstrate that he has governed that way.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The only quote I want to hear about Mitt Romney is when he says, "I am not running for President anymore."

3. leesw

leesw Member

Why? What about him makes him such a bad choice?

#3 leesw, Dec 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some people are highly opinionated and can't put that aside to consider a manner without prejudice.

5. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Now THAT's some mighty fine politicing, friend, saturneptune.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Lets see, what makes him such a bad choice. When he was governor of Massachussetts, he was pro abortion, pro gun control, and pro gay rights. Now, that he is out of office, and decided to run for President, there is a miraculous triple change of heart. He is now pro life, pro gun rights, and pro family values.

In a way, he is worse than pro choice. He is neither pro choice or pro life. He does not care. He cares about which position will get him votes at the moment.

It has nothing to do with Mormonism. Its a matter of being a phoney, a con artist, whatever you want to call it. It is just want this nation does not need at this point in history.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Then vote for him.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:rolleyes:

BTW, one can substitute any other name above!

And my response would still be - :rolleyes:

Ed