1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Article on Paganism

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by MikeS, Sep 19, 2003.

1. MikeS

MikeS New Member

In looking for articles and books to give to a (non-Catholic) friend getting big into Wicca and WomanSpririt, etc, my wife ran across an article by one of my favorite authors and Catholic converts, Peter Kreeft:

THE NEW PAGANISM

Thought some of you here might enjoy it. If anybody knows of similar articles please post links to them for everybody's reference. Thanks!

2. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

Hey Bro --

Kreeft's work is just delicious. He will really make you think and get the old brain juices working.

What is even more remarkable about him is his conversion -- he was a Dutch Reformed Calvinist!!

Man, those are some SERIOUS CALVINISTS!! I bet his folks are still upset with him.

Brother Ed

PS I was just reading the article and came across this:

I cannot begin to tell you how many mush headed Catholics I have heard this exact slop from. Especially some of the more arrogant anti-death penalty ones. Sheeesh!!

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed and one of the favorite myths of humanism is "evolutionism" the highest example of stuffing myth into one's head.

But the fascinating thing about the mythology of evolutionism is that it is so devastating to the Gospel account - if it is "believed".

In Christ,

Bob