1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured AS A Man Thinketh

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 1, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....could never read his stuff. But this guy Allen did draw a corrilation to Christian teaching in the reflection of not cultivating evil thoughts.

Quick story, as a Ute I had a job that took me into Manhattan almost daily & there are allot of attractive women, some provocatively dressed & me being a Red Blooded Merican Guy......well, many flights of fancy. I was also supposedly a happily married man. You see the dilemma. Well not being a Christian at the time, I felt I would have to divert my attention in another direction....so the Allen Book did help, but that was just pure discipline & not Christianity.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Schuler could have 'helped' as well, as well as Osteen. Not to mention Joyce Meyer and Kenneth Copeland, Jerry Savelle, & Benny Hinn &c.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back then I viewed them as religious nuts & nothing has changed...only my own choice

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think paul referrd to that as doing religious disciplines that do some good, but NOT able to defeat where it allcomes out of and from, our wicked herats, and ONLY the HS Himself can deal with us there!

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, He gives us a conscience! :laugh: