1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

At some point you just have to turn it off

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by preachinjesus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Honestly, I didn't watch the American Music Awards...didn't know it was on.

Well then this morning I saw the reviews of Adam Lambert's "performance." As I was working out tonight the local news was up on the television directly in front of my treadmill. I got to see "highlights" of his actions and then the anchor then described the other parts that couldn't be shown on television. I'm no fan of Adam Lambert and after seeing and reading about what he did I am repulsed.

Tonight I read up on a couple news blogs and am just through with it all. Mr. Lambert rejoiced in his actions (which are too vile to describe here) and said that people need to be "offended." In just the little bit I saw I was repulsed...and it takes a lot to repulse me. (If want read up on it, but don't tell me I didn't warn you.)

Well I'm through with this whole thing. It's disgusting and reprehensible. What concerns me more, that I haven't heard any major Christian leaders like you would have expected.

Which leads me to wonder, have we either lost credibility so much that we don't care? or have we, as a sub-culture, written off these extremists and just moved on?

Just curious...:saint: