1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Atheist Angel

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Matt Janes, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    received_10155486450932909.jpeg
    Me and my Cambodian friend Veronica. She took me out to eat Asian food. Her grandparents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. They were killed for being educated teachers. The communists were intent on cleansing Society of the educated

Her parents are both traumatized and suffered psychological problems from the war and atrocities in Cambodia.

She is one reason I despise communism.

The best part of breaking my bones, was I got to meet her. Being around her makes me healthy and is healing.

When in a wheelchair she always wanted to push me around and take me for a walks and be of service. I don't find very many people that accept me because of the stigma of being mentally ill.

It is extremely beneficial to the psychological condition to be around her. Also, she is an atheist, but she is so kind that I would consider her a better Christian than most Christians.

Our lord said "I was hungry and you gave me to eat.... What you did for the least of my people you did for me, come have your Eternal reward".

A lot of people treat me like a leper.

Experiencing her charity for a "leper" is more healing than medication and therapy.

She also wants to go to the gym with me and be my personal trainer and give free hair cuts.

She is like an angel from heaven.

I believe in miracles. This atheist was more helpful and healing than Christians. Imagine that! She's working a miracle for me and she doesn't even believe in God.

What motivates her to want to be around this "sick leper" and be so charitable? She has the spirit of God working through her, no doubt. God would never burn such a charitable Angel.

Pray that I do God's will when around her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is certainly a beautiful woman and has a great sense of helping others. Like many, she's probably been turned away from God by bad examples of false Christians she has encountered in her life. Just show her the love of Jesus in your heart. Don't push theology. Demonstrate that Christianity is really all about loving our neighbors and even our enemies not about hate. Christian love can always win out. Focus on our great Lord Jesus and his love for her. Oh, and complement her often and send her some flowers. I think you've found a great pearl as the Bible says. I will pray for your healing and that Jesus will come into her heart.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the loveliest stories in the Gospels begins with Jesus asking a foreigner for a drink. She could do something for him, and by the way he accepted her, changed her life & that of her townsfolk.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Thank you! Even if it is a short prayer in the name of Jesus, I know the name of Jesus has power. God bless you!

5. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once met a Cambodian girl in a church in Le Havre France. She played the Piano There.

Her father had been converted under the ministry of a preacher from Kent. She had wanted to attend the University of Kent but it was too expensive for her. She was the only one in the church who spoke English. There was a Russian couple with a baby who were asylum seekers. They didn't speak French and only one or two words of English. It was a bit difficult conversing with them.

Your friend would be welcome in our church. We have a Lithuanian girl attend from tine to time, and a Czech girl till recently when she left to get married, we also have several African preachers from time to time. We also had a Vietnamese girl for a while but I don't think she was a Christian. She moved back to Vietnam and got married and kept in touch for a while but it seemed her marriage was unhappy.

6. john1

john1 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can use anyone for His own purposes. God even used secular kings in the Old Testament to achieve His purposes. What those purposes are, only God can fully comprehend.

It is true that many times people who do not call themselves "Christians" are far better people than those who do. Just because someone calls themselves a "Christian" and even goes to church on Sunday and maybe even believes they are a Christian, does not make them part of the family of God.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And even if they ARE a true Christian, some folks are just naturally sour Christians.

Kinda like I heard a comparison once of two guys, one a Christian, the other not. The Christian was one that was a bit overly fundamentalist & projected a legalistic view of life in general, while the other was an optimistic overtly gregarious guy.

The comparison was noted that the non-christian seemed a better witness fo Christianity than the true Christian. PSomebody else noted possibly how much worse the legalist would be without Christ in his life, as well as how much better the other would be WITH Christ in his life.

Can you just imagine the potential if Clinton (Bill), or Obama had had a strong conversion during either’s reign?? (Kinda hard for me to envision the female of either of the above dudes being converted. Yeah, I know ———!!)

Granted, probably the core left would have crucified them, but many loyal “constituants” would have been impacted greatly for the better.