1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Audio of Alexander Scourby reading the KJV, public domain I assume?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Spoudazo, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Am I correct in thinking it's alright to make copies of audio recorderings of Scourby reading the Bible? :type:

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Usually you can only record a backup copy. Unless Scourby recorded it 75+ years ago - or he did a copyleft.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

As far as I can find out when I did some research earlier it is in the public domain. If anybody has any info disputing this, please provide it.

Do any of you know where there are some good (fairly high bit rate) online Scourby readings for download for free?

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Contact the publisher of your copy. They will let you know quickly. The original was recorded 50 years ago for the blind. So you are in a grey area at best.

But, I did not see anything out there indicating copyleft.

Have fun!

5. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Since I've been involved in patent, trademark and copyright lawsuits I should be able to determine the status. (The key word is "should"). It is very difficult in some cases to determine if an actual infringement took place, but I certainly have all the rules and regulations that I had to study on in school not long ago and they are up to date with the latest changes on copyright law.

I guess we shall see. Thanks

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>