1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Avowed communist in uniform.

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Rob_BW, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He would not likely make it home.

2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say that the Constitution was founded based on Capitalism. When you read my comment you'll see that I said the Constitution protects private property rights as does Capitalism. Which of those was founded first doesn't matter. I simply said they are compatible. This also means that Mercantilism would be compatible to some degree as that system respected private property rights, although the government was more involved.

Communism, on the other hand, does not respect private property rights, therefore they are not compatible. That was my point.

You can make the case that Communism is incompatible with the Constitution. You cannot make the case that Capitalism is. If you believe you have a case for Capitalism being antithetical to the Constitution please bring it forth. We may want to start a new thread on this. I don't want to hijack this one.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure why all that should need to be explained.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you're changing your argument. First you said that capitalism could be antithetical to the Constitution. Now you are saying capitalism can't be proven or disproven by the Constitution.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

5. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I've never seen a 2LT disrespect a SFC. If he did, even regardless of whether rank was a factor, he'd be in front of the battalion Commander being read his disciplinary letter within hours, effectively destroying his career.

Unless the 2LT was prior enlisted, the SFC had been in a MINIMUM of six years more than the 2LT, who is still in his first year. (They get promoted to 1LT automatically at one year, unless something goes wrong).

When it came to say to say operations, I regularly (and politely) told my 2LTs to back off and let me do my job, as I knew it better than they did. And I was only an E5. 2LTs come in thinking they're going to change the world, then quickly learn that their job is, for the most part, done behind a desk.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember one standing in the snow, above the arctic circle, tapping on the side of our 113 with a hammer to check for soft spots in the armor. :D Then again, it was his decision to take off our track pads so the vehicle would drive better in snow.....when it became apparent snow would cake up in the tracks and make things worse we were the ones having to put the pads back on. :(

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2Lts can be dangerous :)

HankD

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Vietnam vet told me that he had heard:))Wink:Wink:Whistling:Whistling) that when new butter bars came in country [edit: questionable metaphor for being too gung ho], they died very quickly. As quickly as their men could pick up an AK or a VCgrenade.

#69 Reynolds, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bad news. Terrible.

HankD

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasn't necessary. They died quick enough without help from their men.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't believe anything Chomsky had to say on any subject but linguistics.

Fraggings became more of a problem starting in 1970 and most of them had nothing to do with combat.

A study had this to say about the fraggers:

"On average, they were 20 years old and had 28 months on active duty. About 20 percent were African American, and about 7 percent were draftees. Most had enlisted in the service and supported the war. They had attained only a low level of education and were considered “loners.” Most were in support units, given jobs for which they had not been trained, and reported little job satisfaction. They felt “scapegoated” and showed little or no remorse for their crimes. Almost 90 percent of these men were intoxicated on a wide assortment of substances at the time of the fragging, which mostly occurred at night. They admitted to little planning beyond talking to others, and most did nothing to avoid capture. Consistent with the command structure at the company and battery level, captains and first sergeants were their most common targets, and 75 percent of the perpetrators had been at some time involved in a verbal or physical altercation with their victims.

In terms of motive, the victims were viewed as having somehow denied the offenders of something they desired, such as promotions or transfers. The victims were perceived as a threat to the offenders. Only two of the 28 offenders studied claimed race was a factor. According to the authors of the study, the easy access and use of drugs was an essential factor in the assaults."

15. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    apologies for the thread necromancy, but this story needs updating:

'Commie Cadet' Spenser Rapone Leaving Army with 'Less Than Honorable Discharge'

guess these things take time and thanks, Senator Rubio.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can nullify his commission but they can't take back his degree. He earned that fair and square.

18. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They should send him a bill for it, though, since he didn't hold up his side of the deal.

• Like Like x 2