1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Babylon Bee: CNN buys industrial washing machine

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Mar 2, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ATLANTA, GA—In order to aid the news station in preparing stories for consumption, popular news media organization CNN purchased an industrial-sized washing machine to help its journalists and news anchors spin the news before publication.

The custom-made device allows CNN reporters to load just the facts of a given issue, turn a dial to “spin cycle,” and within five minutes, receive a nearly unrecognizable version of the story that’s been spun to fit with the news station’s agenda.

One reporter was seen inserting the facts of a recent news story early Thursday morning.

“Okay, so we just slip in the location, the people involved, the facts of the story, and there we go,” he muttered as he fiddled with the buttons and dials on the machine. “Spin for five minutes on high, and we’ll have ourselves a news story.”

Minutes later, he removed the story and found it had turned into a perfect piece to push universal health care, common-sense gun control, and the removal of President Trump from office.

CNN Purchases Industrial-Sized Washing Machine To Spin News Before Publication

• Like Like x 2
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, I believe the article; only difference is that occasionally the "spin" puts the wrong slant & has to be "re-spun" as indicated by the following:

Two boys are playing football at this park in a small town in South Carolina when one of the boys is suddenly attacked by a crazed Rottweiler.

Thinking quickly, the other boy takes a stick and shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it, and breaks the dog's neck, thus saving his friend.

A sports reporter who was strolling by sees the incident and rushes over to interview the boy. He tells the boy he's going to write the story and says, "I'll title it 'Young Tiger Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal.'"

I'm not a Tiger fan", the little hero replies.

"Sorry, since we're in South Carolina, I just assumed you were", says the reporter and he starts writing again. He asks, "How does 'Gamecock Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack' sound?"

"I'm not a Gamecock fan either", the boy says.

"Oh, I thought everyone in South Carolina was either for the Tigers or the Gamecocks. "What team do you root for?", the reporter asks.

"I'm just visiting my cousin, I'm a Georgia Bulldog fan", the boy replies, "they're just the best!"

The reporter smiles, starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes: "Little Redneck From Georgia Kills Beloved Family Pet". :Laugh:Inlove:Biggrin:Whistling

Sound typical/reasonable/believable???

• Like Like x 1
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regarding this article Facebook gave the Babylon Bee a warning for spreading Fake News.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is crazy that the leftists think that someone might take this joke literally. The left is nutty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm washing my hands of this thread!!!

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist