1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Backsliding and the true love of God.

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by fallenwater, Aug 1, 2021.

1. fallenwater

fallenwater New Member

I post this thread for the encouragement of those that may have grown weak in their faith and perhaps feel discouraged by past events that brought them from a strong faith to a state of weakness and doubt.
    I was truly saved by grace when I acknowledged that I was a sinner and gave my life to Jesus some fifteen odd years ago, from that moment I was a changed man and became involved in Christian outreach at all levels, much joy and gladness filled my heart in the guiding of the Holy Spirit during this time.
    Alas some five years ago I was weakened in my faith during an outreach and became doubtful of my faith and also those that were within my prayerful fellowship at that time. My greatest mistake at that time which I can now see clearly, was to think I could recover in my own strength and work through my doubts by trusting in myself, as I began my backslide into the world around me I was seduced by all the pleasure and sin that was portrayed in every available means, social media was a danger then and I now recognise the entrapment it can be for those with doubts about their Christian conversion. It was an acknowledgment by myself recently that I needed to consider my backsliding state and realise that Jesus could carry my burden and I prayed that I was struggling to cope on my own, the wonderful news is that when I truly accepted my own weakness and gave my concerns to Jesus I was restored by the great power and love of God and today as I compose this I feel the Holy Spirit working ever stronger in my inner self. Please do not despair at your own state of backsliding, I encourage you to place all care in Jesus at this time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine
    Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine
    Heir of salvation, purchase of God
    Born of His spirit, washed in His blood
    Perfect submission, all is at rest
    I in my Savior, am happy and blessed