1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Balloon Sculpting

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by James_Newman, Jan 29, 2005.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Fancy name for twisting balloon animals. I just picked it up as something to entertain the bus kids with. So far I can do the dog (of course, what kind of balloon guy cant make a dog, right?) the requisite sword, mouse, swan, and a couple of more complicated pieces, bears and pigs. Anyone else into twisting balloons, maybe could point me to some good sites with instructions, or recommend a good book with lots of illustrations? I seem to have a knack for it, I hope the bus kids like my work [​IMG]

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We do balloon art too! ITs so fun, and its always a way to relate to kids (and adults). We make all the basic things plus some other fancy things. My husband can make a teddy bear - it takes a while to make one. He also uses balloons to tell Bible stories and lets folks act out parts (like Jonah the the fish, the Good Samaritn, armor of God, etc)And my specialty is a bird cage with a bird swinging inside. That takes a while, too, and lots of balloons. So I reserve that one for kids in hospitals or special occasions. And little old ladies seems to enjoy the tiny balloon corsages, too! We have several books, but we mainly learned when we went to clown school several years back. Its a great ministry tool!!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Dewey has some good short books.

Have you tried the flower and also headgear?

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I have made a passable flower, I would like to find some other designs. Also made a few hats although I'm sure they could be a lot cooler. The kids loved the balloons (we do our bus ministry on saturday now, strange as that may seem) but for some reason all the boys wanted swords [​IMG]

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I love swords.

They can help with some Bible stories, too.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You can put a flower on a hat.

You can make a crown with three or four.

7. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Is this an expensive hobby to start? I would love to do this at our back yard Bible club.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

not at all. I found a bag of 144 balloons at a party store for about $8 and the pump was $3.99. You definitely want to get the pump, those things are very hard to blow up with your mouth and it takes some practice.

9. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Wow that is cheap. I'm going to have to keep that idea in mind!

10. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Quite often buskers do that in the mall, looks pretty cool!

There is one guy in the mall who does Spray Can art, he paints pictures of planets and the universe using only a Spray can.

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Want to gather children up overseas? Pull out 144 balloons and a pump. And whammo, there are the children.