1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist artifacts

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by KPBAP, Jul 15, 2003.

1. KPBAP

KPBAP Member

Where can I find artifacts and photos of Baptist life?? Such as photos of baptisms, baptistries, Hymn and Record boards, wooden offering plates, Sunday School pins, etc.

2. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

KPBAP,

I have a photographic reproduction of a woodcut from Daniel Featley's "The Dipper's Dipt" published in England in the 1600s. It has an elaborate picture of a demon hovering over pictures of "the severall sorts of Anabaptists."

I would be glad to get you a copy for you for what it costs me to copy and send it (about $10.00).

If interested e-mail me at [email protected].

Mark Osgatharp

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You can find anything and everything you want, with very reasonable pricing, on eBay.

4. KPBAP

KPBAP Member

I sure was hoping for more than a reply and a half! I guess we discard our heritage like trash. Baptists care little about aesthetics and if it isn't new then it is worthless....sad!

5. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I don't think we discard our heritage . . . but I'd say that many of us don't regard our heritage to be things, you know?

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly are you looking for? A used baptistry? Since Baptists (normally, although Lord knows we have some ab-normal ones on the BB) are NOT liturgical, so chances of finding a Bible, candle, communion tray, vestment, etc

Have seen some old pews and some stained-glass that has caught my attention. Give some ideas here and you might be surprised. I have a number of books very old, some autographed.