1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Board Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Let the trash talking begin!

Watch out for those ZooFreaks, we look to DOMINATE this league

Who has payton manning, I have a kicker I will trade for him!

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have Peyton and he will once again be in the top 3 players in fantasy points like he always is. There is nobody more reliable or consistent.

SA Air Attack

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Sorry, no time for trash talk. I'm too busy shaking in my boots because I'm going up against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1. The 'Boys play the Giants, which means that one half of the dynamic duo that ruined my fantasy season last year gets a chance to ruin week 1 for me this year. :thumbs:

4. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

CELLAR DWELLER is going to do soooooo good for the first time that everyone will be DWELLING in the CELLAR.

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG]

Be afraid, Hackers. Be very afraid.

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Fantasy football ALERT - and Dallas cowboy warning - O NO Ken, we may be in trouble.

It is being reported (by Jerry Jones last night on Dallascowboys.com for an hour or so before they took it back down) that Terry Glenn is going to be gone for the season with a knee injury that he sustained in camp.

The secondary is also in trouble with the planter fasciatis problem of Terrance Newman

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fortunately, I am not planning on using Glenn this week and I wasn't planning on him being a major cog in my fantasy offense as I have known about his injury for a while.

I didn't draft Newman.

I didn't draft the Cowboys' defense.

As far as real life, I think that between Sam Hurd and Miles Austin that they can cover for the absence of Glenn.

How well the Cowboys' secondary performs is open to question. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ken, you know what is really funny, you actually believe your team is going to do well this year. :laugh:

I do not think I have seen a fantasy football team be successful when they load up with one team's players.

But hey maybe this can be the year. :smilewinkgrin:

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try not to lose any sleep over it. I know I certainly won't. :)

I have never done any good at fantasy sports and I doubt it will be any different as I delve back into fantasy football this season. I have bigger fish to fry in my life I just stick with the players I am familiar with and/or let Yahoo's ratings and projections guide me. And whatever the outcome is - que sera sera. :smilewinkgrin:

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

It's game on time boys (and girls)...it's game on! Now if i can just find a way to score some points this season!

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I open with PastorSBC's His Team. If I survive this game, I'm going to feel like I won the Super Bowl. PastorSBC probably had the best draft of any team/player.

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

PastorSBC, 7-time champion, is the Joe Montana of fantasy football. When he's in a league, any league, everybody else is playing for 2nd place. It's PastorSBC's world, we're all just living in it.

13. PastorSBC1303

Yall are funny.

I am looking forward to the season.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Has anyone else noticed that out of the top ten scorers in the league, almost all are QBs? Only one RB in the top ten. Wow. The point values are definitely different and shaking things up.

15. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Yeah that's why I am bummed that Eli got hurt. He had a great first week for me, and I really expected a break out season for him. Hopefully ESPN is wrong about him being out a month. The Giants are not saying anything other than day to day.

16. PastorSBC1303

It was definitely a week where none of the big time RB's had their usual big games.

17. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Joe Addai wasnt bad, and as poorly as LT looked most of the day, he scored and threw a TD

Go LT, go ZooFreaks!

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Currently I am at work and fantasy sports sites are blocked. Can someone tell me how my P-38 Lightnings did? Was my team as bad as everyone was telling me it was going to be with all of those Cowboys players on my team? Did Hackers whip up on me real badly? I am prepared to hear the bad news.

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I just hope that the problem with my fantasy QB is that he was going up against the Bears.

As far as real life goes, stop me if you've heard this one.

Team A's defense takes the field. Cue the 1812 Overture. Defenders flying all over the field. Big hits. Big plays. Shutting down the best RB in the game right now. Key players falling out of the attack, cannons to the left of them, cannons to the right of them and yet they keep to the fight.

Then...

Here comes Team A's offense. Cue up Yakety Sax. The QB mishandles the center snap. Incomplete passes. A terrible interception. Fumbles. Embarrassment all around.

Does this sound familiar, Bears fans? Good grief. :BangHead:

I just don't understand how a professional QB can mishandle the center snap on a routine basis. During the game, one of the Tators was talking about how Rex was explaining the center snap problems during the Super Bowl. Does anybody know how many times Peyton Manning had problems with the center snap during the Super Bowl? If Peyton can do what's necessary to make sure the center snap doesn't get fumbled, why can't Rex?

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Because Rex Grossman on his best day will never be what Peyton Manning is on his average days. Sorry...it's just reality. But even so-so QBs can handle snaps. The Bears will never win the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as QB. Never.