1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Pastor Shoots Home Invader; Family Sleeps Through Incident

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Nov 22, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Pastor Keith Beck heard glass shattering downstairs, he knew what he had to do. After all, his wife and three daughters were home at the time, and there was no way he was taking any chances.

The incident, which happened late last week, unfolded after Beck investigated the noise and found 19-year-old Donavan Simmons busting through the glass.

According to the Atlanta Constitution-Journal, spokeswoman Marianne Kelley said “the homeowner advised that the suspect was making entry into the basement area of his home when he shot in the general direction of the suspect.” The pastor is apparently a pretty good shot, fortunately, because he struck the intruder directly in the head – with one shot.

Incredibly, at least two of their three children slept through the entire incident, according to a neighbor.

Georgia Pastor Shoots Home Intruder While Children Sleep Through the Entire Thing

Bartow pastor not expected to face charges in shooting

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Brother. Protect your family.

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of funny. I believe he shot him in the eye. Should have been using a stronger weapon.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

eyeshot.JPG

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is terrible!

This is an example of why people shouldn't own guns.

Now a young man has got to live the rest of his life with a deformity. He could have been killed.

Why didn't the home owner call the police and let them handle it? The young man wouldn't be hurt.

People taking justice into their own hands, is wrong, it is vigilante, and it is racist.

How dare some white Georgian son of a slave owner think they can hurt a former slave's heritage?

Why isn't the mama contacting the NAACP to set up nation wide protests against this "pastor?"

Where is this "pastor's" example of love for his neighbor?

We need to set up a "Go Fund Me" account to raise money to get this kid a new eye, a haircut, and an education.

We should be sorry for this poor child, and require the "pastor" and the "pastor's" church to pay for the trauma therapy this young man is going to require.

Is there anymore liberal stupidly that I left out?

I wonder who will have to pay for the window?

(Did I get your dandruff stirred up?) :)

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The young man was only trying to stimulate the local window replacement business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That and the security alarm business.

Now, he will enjoy the higher education afforded in confinement and become more skilled in achieving his life goals.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I perfer shotguns for home defense...buckshot load. Even Joe Biden would approve...not so the miscreant.