1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Pastors Not Believing the Whole Bible?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jaocb77, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Surely not - that would be heretical to think that the KJV, or any translating team, were the 'holy men of God moved by the Holy Spirit' that the Bible refers to.

Though I disagree with my brother - I don't believe he is a heretic.

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

This would be the only way the KJV could by 100% inspired. I believe its misusing the term "inspiration." People want to make this claim(SOTL did it a couple months ago) but not realize what this claim actually means.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Not saying that he is BUT

There are indeed KJVO devotees who would hold that the KJV WAS directly inspired by God, in fact IS the word of God in English just as much as the original Greek/Hebrew texts were/are, and that even say that we can use the KJV to "correct" mistakes in the original language texts!

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

That's the view of those like Peter Ruckman. That's the "advanced revelation" group. I don't believe anyone here is advocated that here, though I have encountered them on other boards.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I am willing to buy that there are some SBC pastors out there that don't believe in a literal heaven or hell, acknowledge salvation apart from Christ and/or the partial inspiration of Scripture. I have not met one personally however that claimed any of these. I have met some in other denoms that did though.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Always will be in any Christian Church/grouping "Wolves in Sheeps clothing, who deny the very Master that died for them"

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I grew up IFB. I knew far more IFBs who did not believe in an orthodox inspiration of Scripture than I've met among Southern Baptists. For that matter, I've met far more IFBs who accepted homosexuality, gambling, alcohol usage, and who believed that salvation could be attained aside from Jesus Christ than I've met in other denominations.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I took a few moments to glance through the article mentioned in the OP and if it is a sin to exaggerate the truth, gossip, be a tale-bearer and lie, then David Cloud has some repenting to do. He will stand in judgment for that article.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Evidently Mr. Cloud only holds sway with gullible folks whose minds are already made up and only need someone to prop up their belief system.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I just gave it a quick read over - I was amazed, even considering the source.

11. Johathan01

Johathan01 New Member

This topic does not belong in the bible version category. I read all the posts and saw how everyone turned it into a circus, took control and then moved it. Have any of you even read David Cloud's articles or visited his baptist website? Now some of you have stooped so low as to attack him!

You said you know of no baptist that denies the full inspiration of the bible. This is a rather broad statement and unfounded. You cannot possibly know for sure what everyone believes. Then you were asked which bible is 100% inspired. You didn't answer. The TRUTH is you guys who attack the KJV KNOW there are no perfect MV. They are NOT 100% inspired.

12. Johathan01

Johathan01 New Member

a quick read over!.. what are you afraid of?Go check out his site, spend the day and read everything he says. You'll learn something.

13. Johathan01

Johathan01 New Member

It isn't modern.. where did you hear such a lie? What negative people we have on here.

14. Johathan01

Johathan01 New Member

then please answer it!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAID THERE IS NO PERFECT BIBLE! SO ANSWER THE MAN'S QUESTION AND STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH. Please do ths before you ban me but i for one am sick of the negativity and attacks of the so called christians on here......
    Farewell I pray your hearts will be open and teachable.

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Did God inspire the KJV?

16. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa... back those horses up. Several have mentioned that they have read the article. I have read the article. I think it's full of innuendo and misunderstandings.

Those of us who know no Baptist pastors who do not believe in a literal hell, salvation by faith in Christ alone and the inspiration of Scripture have said that. Others have said that they know some.

Others have tried to answer his question. He is, I am sure, busy with other things and so has not interacted with those who tried to answer the question he posed.

I am certainly not attacking the KJV. I use another version, but I do not attack the KJV. I haven't seen anyone on here attacking the KJV. We disagree about whether it is the only acceptable version, but we are not attacking it.

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

My prayer is the same for you.

I would guess you are probably no older than in your 20's, and have very little in the way of an education in the Scriptures. If you did, you would be able to defend your beliefs without making unfair and unfounded accusations and railing against the brethren.

I remember when I was your age I thought I knew it all also. By the grace of God I learned better. I pray that you do also.

18. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Well, you were graduated From TTU. Also Mexdeaf. David Cloud was graduated from same college. Why does TTU have a wrong Greek text for students to study because of unbelieving and naturalistic authors?

Suppose, when I was a student at TTU, I would demand good Bible courses by BELIEVING authors.

At another Baptist college the President warned me concerning Bible study courses for students to study saying, "problem with the doctrines." I was shocked to hear what he explained.

19. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

He didn't say that, he said he knew of no one.
    Neither is the KJV...and we don't attack the KJV. The KJV is fine.

20. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I'm sure he said that there is no perfect translation. I'm sure he believes the Bible is perfect. There is only one Bible. If I have bunch of Bibles in my home, that doesn't mean there is one Bible. What I have are a bunch of copies of the Bible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.