1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist Preacher Exorcises Demons From Dungeons and Dragon Users--Past & Future

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you make even one more critical remark without establishing what you are saying with scripture and/or evidence to the contrary then I am going to exercise my rights on this board. Guess which one I will utilize.:thumbs:

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The evidence of your absurdities is present in your posts. All one has to do is read them.

3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I see. So YOU are the arbiter of truth and not the scriptures nor multiple witnesses to the truth I have mentioned as per "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." II Corinth. 13:1.

All you did was given opinions. You established nothing neither scripturally nor by documentation nor by witnesses.

But I just discovered by your personal profile here on B.B. that you claim to be a Baptist, a Catholic, and one other religion. Really? That certainly explains things. Friend, if you don't have the discernment to know the doctrinal difference between the Baptists, the Catholics, and the other religion then I truly understand your inability to wrap your head around the things I've said here.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I told you not to make another comment without establishing your position with scripture, etc. and you just ignored me.

Bye. :wavey:

#83 Calypsis4, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  4. matt wade

Bye bye then. Even though you won't read this, you are now classified as a liar. You have absolutely no way to prove that I have said I am a Catholic or any other religion. I have never said that and you will not be able to provide any proof that shows that. It's absolutely a lie, and you are a liar.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brethren have you not learned anything on this board?... Learn where the battle is and with whom?... Brother Glen

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

6. matt wade

Yes, I've learned that charlatans and deceivers come on this board and I will battle with them here.

7. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, you're right. But what in the world do I do about someone who won't even give me his reasons why he thinks my positions are absurd? Just read his comments on the last two pages. That tells it all. He made cheap shot after cheap shot and refused to tell me why. And...it doesn't matter to me if he thinks I am a liar, for the Lord knows better and so do the people I mentioned in this thread who are my witnesses. As far as his church membership just look at his personal profile. I copied it:

Denomination(Baptist, Methodist, Catholic...)

Best wishes.

8. matt wade

LOL! :BangHead: :laugh:

Every single person on this board, that has entered and displays a denomination, has that line on their profile.

9. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

So...which is it?

10. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I literally laughed out loud. I went to your profile page, Matt, and looked for myself. He doesn't even understand that you put your denomination as Baptist, and the question was "Denomination (Baptist, Methodist, Catholic...)"

Every single person that filled out what denomination they are, their profile shows that. It is explaining what a denomination is. Of course, Calypsis4's does not, as he didn't publicly release his denomination.

Someone who thinks that demons are making his semi-colon/ending parentheses become a winky face, and also who doesn't even understand the difference between an explanation of categories and the answer (which, underneath the question you have clearly answered "Baptist") wants us to think his understanding of D&D is correct. If you can't even figure out a question from and answer, or understand emoticons, how can you be an authority figure on anything? Critical thinking obviously does not apply.

Besides that, the glaring inconsistency in his stories that I pointed out in my previous post: telling me that he never saw a monster manual until 1998, and then saying that he's been studying the evils of the game since the 80s. How can you study the evils of anything and go a decade without seeing it for yourself? Either it's a lie or an absurdity.

Now, let's move on to the username, Calypsis4. I was curious, so I looked it up. Calypsis is greek. It means "the act of covering, concealing, hiding, or veiling". Also, "Calypsis is a type of closed or negative body language often expressing extremely anerotic feelings, sexual abhorrence, scorn and contempt toward someone viewed as a sexual turn-off in terms of physical appearance, in terms of personality and social behavior, or both". So, he came to this board viewing us as either sexual turn-offs, or wanted to show us contempt for our personalities or social behavior.

Ironically, for one against the occult, he chose a name that is synonymous with "occult", which means "hidden things". Even his name is hypocritical.

It's actually hilarious, and I wish that he'd respond to my posts. The entertainment value is high. I don't know if I'm on ignore or not (maybe someone can quote my post for me in case I am), but he's decided that my reasoned arguments are not worth his time.

Rather than listen to people who know the game in and out (I could DM a session without the books), he relies on his own knowledge, when he admits to studying it without reference for 8 years minimum. I guarantee he has a copy of "Turmoil in the Toybox" in his library. (Side note, if you watch the video interviews of that author (who didn't even author his own book), he mispronounces words and gets facts wrong, showing he doesn't even know the material he is condemning.)

Also, the twisting of my words that he has done doesn't help. I admitted that it was true that characters used monsters to kill other players. (Players will remember that arcane players get a "summon monster" spell at each arcane level.) But, these monsters are wolves, spiders, goblins, skeletons, and when you get high enough level, creatures of the elements (elementals). Players will also recall that it is possible for a character to summon a demon, but if you do it will attack not only your target, but you; and this is considered to be an evil act, and will cause any non-evil characters to attack you.

Now, what the hider seems to be missing is that you simply say, "xyz summons a wolf" or the like. You're not chanting a summoning spell. You're not reciting Latin phrases or even actually calling something in English. You are stating that, in a fictional world, a fictional character is performing an act of fiction. And then the hider tries to talk about D&D causing people to blur the lines of reality, when in all actuality reality is blurred in his mind.

This is shown by his calling "anorexia" a demon. By attributing other names found in the monster manual that are made up characters to demons. Granted, some of the names of demons in the game are biblical sounding. But calling "Drider" a demon? Basilisk, which is found in mythology as early as 79AD, he attributes to be a demon, as if Gary Gygax invented it.

I was raised in a household and church environment that was caught up in the occult witchhunt of the 80s and 90s. My parents were not actively condemning toys and such, but I wasn't allowed to watch HeMan and the like. I'm not complaining, as I didn't miss much, and my parents were doing what they thought was best for me (you can't complain about your parents loving you, lol). I even had a video game confiscated from me by my parents when I was in High School because it had a dragon on the front of it.

But, when I got older, I started to look into it myself, and realized that they had listened to people who had listened to people who claimed to be authorities on the subject, but didn't know anything about it.

My claim/challenge still stands. There is not one case where it can be proven that D&D was responsible for insanity or demon possession/oppression.

Bottom line - if anyone has any serious objections to D&D, I love to discuss the issue. But if someone is going to come in and spout nonsense, there's nothing I can do.

If someone believes D&D is evil and does not wish to play it, that doesn't bother me in the least. I have a buddy who tells me, "it just feels wrong". I don't want to violate his conscience and try to get him to play it. But if someone tells me, "It's wrong because of ..." and their information is incorrect, I will tell them. That's what I have attempted to do here, but to my chagrin, the hider will have nothing to do with logic and reason.

11. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do I do?... I ignore it!... Pretty soon the brother or sister will get tired of talking to themselves!... A little spark can turn into a raging fire!... I'm not here to get another brother or sister to believe what I believe... If they agree fine and if they don't fine... I post and move on because I have not walked in that person shoes or had their experience in the Lord. Every persons personal road to Damascus is not the same!... Brother Glen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.