1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Preacher's Wives

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Joy, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Joy

Joy New Member

If your husband is in the full time ministry, whether he is a pastor, assistant pastor, or a missionary, please introduce yourself here. We'd also love to here about how you may help him in his ministry.

2. lynne

lynne Guest

Hi Joy,

My husband is the Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church. We have been married for 18 years in July. We have 4 beautiful children. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

3. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Wanted: women to work full time for no pay at their husbands' office. Long hours. Frequent relocation required. Must be polite and understanding at all times.

Thousands of women - driven by love and devotion to God and their families - work at this job, that of a minister's wife.

Do we have any here on Baptist Board?

4. Joy

Joy New Member

Webmaster, Is it possible to recover anything from the thread Ministering to your Pastor's Wife from the old BB's Pastor's Wives Forum?

5. Joy

Joy New Member

Welcome, Lynne! Glad to have you. I am not a pastor's wife, but I am the moderator of the ladies forum. My husband and I helped to start a Baptist church in our home a year and a half ago. I am also the director of ladies ministries in our church. Please, tell us a little more about yourself! What ministries are you involved in, besides the most important one- your husband's wife?

6. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Joy ~ I have that thing about ministering to your pastor's wife. I used it in my newsletter this mont [​IMG]!

Do you want me to post it for you?

7. Joy

Joy New Member

Yes, yes, by all means! I thought it was gone forever. I forgot you were going to copy it! Thanks, JOY :D

8. Joy

Joy New Member

Hey Julia, You were going to post that article.... :D Pretty please!

9. 1 st Lady

1 st Lady New Member

My husband has only been Pastoring for three years and I would love to have other pastors wives to talk to. We have been married for twelve years and he is my best friend, but as you all know I sometimes am at the back of a long line of people to talk to him about anything. I have three beautiful children and one sister. Welcome responses

10. Joy

Joy New Member

Welcome 1st Lady! Hope you find some companionship here! :D We are glad to have you with us.

11. 1 st Lady

1 st Lady New Member

Thanks so much Joy2. I have only been a member for a week and already love the board. I think it is a wonderful way to fellowship.

12. Cherry5

Cherry5 New Member

Well, after many moons, I'm posting again. I get to be the loving wife of a preacher and a missionary...good thing it's the same man, wouldn't you say? My husband is associate pastor of a Baptist church up here and a missionary to Pakistan. We have 4 rowdy but adorable children :D and, when hubby is in Pakistan, I get to stay home and keep the younguns in line. I homeschool all but the oldest, who is still living at home.

13. Proud2B_Baptist

Proud2B_Baptist New Member

14. Proud2B_Baptist

Proud2B_Baptist New Member

Hi every one :cool:
    I'm not married yet but i'm soon to be married to a baptist preacher. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips about being married to one.
    Thankyou,
    Nikki [​IMG]

15. Joy

Joy New Member

Hi Nikki, welcome, and congratulations on your soon to be wedding!

The best advice I could give you is really simple- you marry a man, not his occupation. Your husband-to-be just happens to be a pastor. Your first role will be to be his wife. :D

16. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Though I'm not a pastor's wife, nor is my husband in the ministry, I have to say I agree with Joy. A woman's first priority is to be her husband's help. Be what he needs you to be, when he needs you to be whatever it is he needs you to be! [​IMG] LOL . . . I know, that made perfect sense didn't it!

As one who has seen many folks run down the preacher's wife, I have come to the conclusion that no matter whay you do, somebody's gonna get mad! However, so long as you are walking in a manner that does not bring reproach to your husband or the Lord, let it slide.

Just because you are the preacher's wife does not automatically mean you are to fill every vacant position in the church. We are saved to good works, find your good work within the church . . . the place where you can best use your gifts and talents . . . and stick with it.

17. Joy

Joy New Member

reviving an old thread-

18. Sue Pollock

Sue Pollock New Member

Hello,
    I wasn't sure what to say but that I also am a minister's wife. When we married almost 30 years ago, I never dreamed he would answer the call to preach. With the leadership of the Holy Spirit, he started a church almost three years ago. Simply due to the fact that our people would not financially support the work, the church had to be dissolved in January of this year. It devastated us. Our people were our family but they did not understand the preacher and his wife can not financilly support the church alone. It was one of the most draining jobs I have ever held, but I wouldn't trade a day of it for anything. We are both praying that the Lord will once again open the doors for a church for my husband to pastor. I know my place as the pastor's wife. We normally do come in last place when it comes to needing someone to talk too. Although the Lord was always by my side, it is always nice to have someone in the flesh to talk to also. Unless you have been your the shows of "a pastor's wife", I don't think you can truly understand what they go through each and every day. May God bless each of you and I truly hope I have not offended any of you.

Sue

19. Joy

Joy New Member

Sue P. Welcome to the BB! Glad you shared with us. I hope and pray that you and your husband will find direction. I am sorry to hear that your church struggled so much. That must have been a real burden.!

There are a number of other pastor's wives and other great ladies who post here. Perhaps you will find some new friends!

Again, welcome, and God Bless. Joy [​IMG]