1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Take on Catholic Blessing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bartimaeus, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I read on FOX News today that a Roman priest is blessing a new Hooter's restaurant in a private meeting. Whaddayathink?

I think it is a hoot (no pun intended). The rotten nature of man wants to bring the things of darkness out to make them appear right and good.
    Thanks ----Bart
    .....a free people cannot remain free and be enslaved to sin.

2. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Sweet Hooters Most Holy
    Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Please bless these overly revealing orange shorts, and all who wear them while serving me cheese fries.

The head Catholic priest for the Greater Waco, Texas, area, Monsignor Isidore Rozycki, plans to bless a new Hooters restaurant in a private opening ceremony, according to The Waco Tribune-Herald.

"Blessings are part of the Catholic tradition," Rozycki, the pastor of St. Martin's Church in Tours, told the paper. "You bless the building so it will be a safe haven, so that the families that enter will be blessed, so the employees will be blessed as they support their families."

The public can bask in the Hooters' divinity beginning Tuesday, as the chain's newest location officially opens — since they won't be able to attend the actual blessing.

Here's the link to that news story from Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182660,00.html

3. mioque

mioque New Member

Well, we can read monseigneur Rozycki's reasoning in the Foxnews article...

In my experience Roman Catholic priests good, bad, or ugly are always at least a bit excentric.

4. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of us are aware that those ensnared by the "holy see" are given over to strong delusion.

They are in need of prayer not ridicule.

Among Jesus' last words before dying: "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do".

What were we doing when Jesus pulled us out of the pit? I was "hooting" like most everyone else. Jesus can take care of "hooters" too.

Selah,

Bro. James

5. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

"Father, forgive them, they know not what they do".
    -------------------------------------------------
    I don't think that's the case here! These dirty rascals know what they are doing. At least we can be thankful they are "blessing" women instead of little boys like has happened in Maine so many times!

6. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That dirty rascal, Saul, knew what he was doing, killing Christians was doing service to God. Then Jesus showed him the error his ways.

Paul still called himself the chief of sinners.

Ridicule and scorn tend to harden the hearts--of all parties concerned.

Love never fails.

Selah,

Bro. James

[ January 27, 2006, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Bro. James ]

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

"Saul" repented and received Christ, Acts 9:17, and there was a complete change, Acts 9:20, in "Pauls" life from then on.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Catholic "clergy" have been known to be broad stepping in their approach to blessing objects that won't count for eternity

But this one proves that their blessings are being done while on board a gyrating jetliner---there's just not much anybody can do--even after landing face down!!!

9. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

I believe one should bless people and things for God's glory or for another to receive God's blessing. Many times I pass by a handicapped person or see something on television of persons or persons in dire need and I bless them. Either by saying "God bless you", or Jesus, be with these folks in need. I see nothing wrong with that.

Many times Ministers and priests pray that God will bless those living in a house. And some priests have exorcised demons out of places as well.

But as far as blessing "Hooters" I can't see why? This is a restaurant isn't it, with CW music blasting? Someone would have to explain to me why any priest or minister would bless that place?

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Twenty some years ago, Miller Beer opened up a new brewery in Fulton (25 miles NW of Syracuse).
    This new bussiness also had a "blessing" given. I will not mention it was by an Americian Baptist pastor.

If someone is really good at Goggle or whatever, it would be nice to find a report on this.

Salty

11. mioque

mioque New Member

Ron
    What is CW music?

12. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

Country & Western music

13. mioque

mioque New Member

Thanks.
    The only thing I could come up with was Contemporary Worship music and that didn't fit in with what I saw on the website of that chain of restaurants.

14. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do we seem to be so taken aback at the pagan idolatry in public? It has been going on at least since the days of Nimrod.(Got his tower of Babel knocked down and a confused tongue.)

The Lord knows them that are His--they need not hang up a sign.

Selah,

Bro. James

15. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I don't care what a RC priest blesses.I know God wouldn't bless a hooters establishment. So the priest can bless that place until he goes hoarse it doens't mean diddly. Simply a false priest promoting a false gospel giving a worthless blessing over a place that is only a notch or two above a topless bar.

"Dear Lord watch over these men as they lust after
    these women in short shorts and tight tee shirts."

How pathetic this poor priest is. He needs to find Christ.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sure we'll be kept abreast of details.

(Sorry, someone had to say it).

serious note to those in ministry: When our need for others' approval surpasses our capacity to discern wisely, we're in trouble. The aforementioned priest might want to remember that.