1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrett Slapped after Conceding

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jun 6, 2012.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/barrett-slapped-face-conceding-recall-walker-135618842--abc-news-politics.html

MILWAUKEE - It must have stung for Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to call Gov. Scott Walker and concede defeat Tuesday night, but not nearly as much as the slap he got from a supporter angry over his concession speech.

Shortly after 10 p.m. local time, Barrett took the stage at his election night rally in downtown Milwaukee. By then, networks had projected Walker as the winner of the recall race.

"I just got off the phone with Gov. Walker and congratulated him on his victory tonight," Barrett said, prompting boos from the crowd. "We agreed that it is important for us to work together."

"No!" shouted the crowd.

Afterwards, as Barrett greeted his supporters, a woman approached him and reportedly asked, "Can I slap you?" Barrett replied that he would prefer that she hugged him, so he leaned down, anticipating a hug but instead got the slap that she had requested. In the video of the incident, Barrett's head jerks back from the slap.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm wonder what she would have done to Walker.

BTW, I read that Barrett will not press assault charges.

So much for civility.

HankD

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist