1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Battle Flag of the Army of N. Va

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a question made on Salty's thread inquiring if a Confederate Flag flyer can have one and not be pro-slavery.

The answer is "Yes". You can have one and not be pro-slavery. How do I know this? Because of my basement, and because I am not pro-slavery.
    KIMG0279.JPG KIMG0280.JPG

#1 Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer is Yes, you can have one and not be pro-slavery. How do I know this? Because of my basement...
    View attachment 5198 View attachment 5199 [/QUOTE]By placing that on your wall, you endorse 250 years of slavery and 150 added years of inequality in the United States.
    Both you and I will stand before God and will answer for both the explicit and complicit sins we embraced.
    You may be my brother in Christ, but this brother is offended by your open endorsement of an inhuman practice for which the United States has never repented.

God will address you in due time.

This is my only post in a thread I find godless.

3. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By placing that on my wall I endorse dozens of Godly men whom had flaws, but whom had faith in the Lord to the uttermost. Many of which, though supposed evil people, funded Sunday Schools for slaves and free blacks to learn to read and write. And since the Lord saved some of them, that gives me.

Stonewall Jackson I endorse because of his faith at all points in life and his zeal for evangelization and kindness.

Lincoln I endorse because of his "making the best out of a poor situation". He did ultimately hold this country together, and he did eventually free many slaves.

Lee I endorse for his faith and his honor in choosing against the easy path by taking the position in the Union army and instead choosing the honorable, but hard path to defend Virginia against foreign encroachment.

We are indeed Brothers, yet I am offended (slightly) that you have such hate in your heart that you believe anyone with the battle flag is pro-slavery. That's almost as bad as being pro-slavery.

Additionally, my ancestors wound up fighting for the Union during the War Between the States, so I would say the United States has well repented considering the death toll.

Indeed, He will address all of us. What remains to be seen is if your idea that "Anyone who flies this flag supports slavery" is indeed biblical for that is clearly a blanket statement.

As for my part, I think not, for if He subscribed to blanket statements then God would not have offered to spare Sodom for "10 Righteous men". God would've destroyed the city regardless of the amount of righteous men inhabiting it. God's offer to spare it in the event of 10 righteous men being found living within it shows he is discriminatory and not a fan of blanket statements.

One of the many men I look forward to meeting in Heaven one day is Stonewall Jackson.

#3 Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    unnamed.jpg

He is endorsing his school

UPENYNAX3BXXYUBCULDXL42CC4.jpg

He is endorsing his family history

andrewsm.jpeg

He is endorsing his culture

Screenshot-24-e1597420781457.png

So is he

CEOGY67A75DQOJDP7EGOFAEMLY.jpg

They are endorcing hate and racism

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dukes-of-Hazzard-CBS.jpg

They were making a silly TV show based on cultural stereotypes. It was funny as a child. Yeeeeehaw.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point is it that it's extremely prejudiced and bigoted to decide for other people what they enforce by using a symbol that can represent so many different things to so many different people.

Would I have a rebel flag? No. Christians should be careful not to cause offense....whether by flying a flag or their own prejudices against those who do. That said, a lot depends on where you live.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bible Thumper - Do you think that Austin knows what document outlawed the importation of slaves???

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One may not know this: The KKK was founded by (not the party but by) Democrats. It is a matter of history. The implication being, not all democrats were necessarily pro slavery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there were slaves owned by:

A) Republicans
    B) Residents of Union States/Commonwealths

10. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evil hearts know no nor recognizes lasting geographical boundaries.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are very correct - too bad Austin does not realize that

12. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You never heard of the Civil War? The war that has killed more Americans than all other wars combined? Never adressed? Denial is not a river in Egypt.

13. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Down South, we call it the War of Northern Aggression.

I have wondered if Lee had allowed his men to ravage and destroy as Sherman did, if the North would have been a bit more sympathetic towards the Native Americans they slaughtered for gold and land.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think they would havd their hands to full to think of the Native Americans. It would be nice if they and all of us would.

15. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The “great” Sherman turned the army against the Native Americans, just as he did to the south.

He sought to demoralize and ruin them and did.

• Informative Informative x 1