1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Battle Hymn

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #1 Revmitchell, Feb 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

Note you post this under politics, not theology. Confirms my reasons for hating that ditty, the "nuke them all and let God sort them out" politics of theology.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The hymn was written at a time when our government had some honesty, pride, integrity, and a spiritual foundation. There is nothing wrong with the words, for they are quite inspiring.

What is very wrong with the video is the image of Christ up against a backdrop of symbols of a government controlled by greed, corruption, self serving politicians, and a government that does any and everything it can to seperate God and the Gospel from its policies and laws.

There is no way I would show that to my Sunday School class or allow it in the church.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I liked it. :applause: