1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Battle of 'Sesame Street': Political fight over PBS has long history

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Revenue at Sesame Workshop, a nonprofit educational organization, increased 4 percent, to $96 million, last year, primarily because of new income from international licensing." Source at the NY Times

How do they make ends meet? Next thing you know they'll have a character living in a garbage can...... :thumbsup: poor Oscar.......

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's that wonderful 24/7 nastiness of the clique that yall think passes as witty retort.

Or much like the many on here who identify the President as a baby murderer yet can't produce a shred of evidence where that man has personally killed a baby. Is that the type of false witness to which you are referring?:laugh:

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac said
    So I guess that Hitler and his cohorts are not really guilty of the holocaust because he didn't personally kill anyone. Or Mao... or Stalin.

He supports and pushes policies that result in the deaths of babies, just like Hitler and Mao and Stalin and the rest of history's murderous policy makers.

It doesn't negate Romney's record of support for abortion, but you write as if the President is guiltless in this this infanticide.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe if you weren't so bitter and eager to get nasty you'd understand a good-natured jibe when you read one.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever considered maybe it's not a clique? Maybe your posts are assailable. Has anyone ever come to your defense? Ever?

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Crabby has no problem with killing the unborn babies but "BIG BIRD" well that is different! Crabby believes "Only an evil person would want to kill Big Bird!"

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

With this statement, you show that you don't understand the relationship between leadership and responsibility.

8. OldRegular

Crabby you do know that "BIG BIRD" is not real don't you?

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Aw...don't spoil it!

10. OldRegular

Crabby: You are an avid supporter of the person and the party which advocates the slaughter of the unborn and you have no shame in quoting Scripture to Rev as you call him. I would remind you once again what God has to say about YOU and your little demigod Obama and the entire democrat party!

Proverbs 6:15-19
    16. These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19. A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

You sit idly by Crabby while the people you support continue the slaughter of 4000 children each day! And you quote Scripture to the Rev!

One additional point Crabby. I believe that you posted recently that your threads were a deliberate effort to sow a little discord, or words to that effect!

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As with those guys, no one questioned whether or not Obama's actions facilitated the murder of babies just as Hitler facilitated the Holocaust. But you nor anyone else has any proof of Obama personally murdering a baby. So if Crabtownboy is being labeled a false witness for what he says about Big Bird, then so should every one of you who refers to the President as a baby murderer.

But I expect most on here to hypocritically justify what they say.

And Romney supports and pushes policies of the false teaching Mormon church that sends folks to hell.

No. That's just the incorrect conclusion you jumped to. He's very guilty. But so are the ones who have sat for years and done nothing to stop it. I spoke to the supposed false witness Crabtownboy was accused of and the hypocritical false witness those accusing the President of being a baby murderer are displaying.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Right, it's a jibe when the clique does it, but termed nasty when someone does it against the clique.

Them just the facts. The hypocrisy stinks.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're under the assumption that I need assistance with a defense. Believe me, I can handle it.

And it is indeed a clique and yall run around patting each other on the back and throwing your nasty brand of reply at anyone who disagrees with your politics. It's a very noticeable pattern that apparently most have gotten use to and actually buy that it's just "good-natured jibing" coming from the same handful of ya against anyone who disagrees with ya.

Yall are overall some of the nastiest, mean spirited folks I have seen on a board in a long time and you've all obviously posted together for a long time and folks are just used to it.

But that any of you had the audacity to call another poster nasty.

14. targus

targus New Member

Uhhh...

You do know that Big Bird isn't real don't you?

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

With this statement you show that you no doubt harbor some ill feelings in your heart toward the President for whom God has called you to pray.

16. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd take the Republican opponents of abortion much more seriously if they didn't act like the offer of pro-life expired at birth...

A plague on both their houses...

17. targus

targus New Member

And should Romney be elected will you pray for him?

Do you pray for him now?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Uhh, you know that's irrelevant to the point, right?:thumbsup:

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't alluding to the necessity of help with a defense, I was pointing out that no one else shares your viewpoints. Therefore you think there is some organized clique that opposes you when probably everyone opposes you. I wonder how many people disagree with you but lurk on BB and don't post?

You questioned whether or not I was a liberal homosexual the other day. Is that not mean-spirited and nasty? This was after I posted I thought you had built a strawman argument. Is calling someone a homosexual an appropriate response?

You've stated that people that support Romney are sending people to Hell. That's not nasty?

That our witness is worthless if we support Romney. Not nasty?

I think the temper of the responses you are getting is commensurate to your statements against people.

20. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt,
    Are you voting here?

Zaac,
    I did not try to excuse Governor Romney, but I am saying that the President continues to expand the number of babies who will be killed by late term abortions and now by demanding that religious organizations pay for it thru his health care plan, you and I will be paying through our taxes for the murder of the unborn.

About Gov Romney's religion, I am not asking him to preach nor would I allow him to come anywhere close to the pulpit. I am asking him to lead. President Obama's religion (whatever it is) is no better than Gov. Romney's. We are not choosing a pastor, we are choosing a leader for this country.

I don't ask what anyone's religion is when they are running for President. It's immaterial. The policies are important. President Obama's policies reflect his left wing internationalist mindset. Whether he is a Muslim or a member of Jeremiah Wright's church is not an issue. What Gov. Romney's religion is not an issue or do you not believe in the 1st Amendment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.