1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured BB Member for President!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Apr 30, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, he would make an excellent POTUS

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Yes, not saying he would be great, but better than any politician

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Yes, that way we would find out more about him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. If he runs, I would volunteer to manage his campaign

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If he runs, I would support him with $$$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. He has the best answers for this country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. If he runs, I would run for Congress on the same party line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. He would be no different than anyone else

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  9. ABP - Anybody But Poncho

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  10. Other answer

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Dont talk about it, use the ignore button. Save your theology for your mini sermons on Sunday.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Temper? It's not just a hot temper that makes hin act like that. He has a thugs mentality. Evidently he thinks he can chase people he disagrees with off the board by stalking them around and acting like a bully. He's done it with others here and got away with it so apparently he thinks he can do it to me.

I've been here a long time and put up with my share of personal attacks I expect some flak from time to time and I can some good natured ribbing but Spaceboy goes above and beyond all that. If he wants to act like a common street thug then I'll treat him like one.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Wow. Maybe you should go kick your dog or shove a helpless old lady around now. You truly are a piece of work.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Try taking five minutes every 24 hours without talking.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have several dogs and work in an adult day care. You get the exact responses you deserve.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

#87 saturneptune, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#88 poncho, May 9, 2013
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How many more kids have to die or be maimed and crippled for life so some banker in Brussels or London can get 30% of an Iraqi bank? How many more kids have to die or get blown to bits so Exxon can get control of a Libyan oil field?

How many of those kids had their heads filled with red white and blue lies you told them because you couldn't tell the difference between corporatism and capitalism? How mamy more have to die and be mauled before you'll open your eyes and see what's right in front of them. You don't care about this country or all those kids that are going to their graves thinking they're serving some grand purpose. You only care about keeping the illusion going so you don't have to face the awful truth. You've been lied to and used by a bunch of global elitists that don't give tinker's damn about you or anyone else.

Wake up and serve your country instead of being involved in covering for the sociopaths in charge of this bastardized fascist government. Be a real hero for a change instead of a deaf dumb and blind dupe for system that hates everything you hold dear or ever stood for.

#89 poncho, May 9, 2013
  10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Knowledge is an element, however, the gap between doing and not doing is a much greater element. Of course, that is assuming that there is in fact a greater knowledge on one part. The Gnostnics in the Bible claimed to have a much deeper and greater knowledge than Paul and the Gospel he was preaching and we know how that turned out. In a local church, how many know it alls sit it a pew and never lift a finger for a ministry?

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Still afraid to debate me on history huh? Can't say as I blame ya.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saturn,
    How about you and me having a debate on how the Bible has influenced history

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So Salt man are you happy with the results of your poll?

I'd love to see you and Spaceboy have a debate. You could make up underhanded pious judgements while maintaining a degree of plausible deniability and he could respond by namecalling. What fun that would be. One thing I do have to give Spaceboy credit for though . . .

At least he has the nerve to attack people openly. No hiding behind an air of righteousness with him what ya see is what ya get.

#93 poncho, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Fine by me, at least if I fall short, you present a fair and reasonable opinion of whatever we talk about. I am not about to debate a raving maniac.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

People have seen enough of your "attack, distract and smear" tactics anyway. You'd make an A 1 democrat you got their moves down pat.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, lets start with this: Since this thread is about the POTUS, Was the elections of Obama the (perfect) will of God or the permissive will of God ( if there is such a thing)

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This thread is almost over why don't you start a fresh one? I'm sure all the readers wauld like to see ten whole pages of you and Spaceboy swaping spit. Lol!

#97 poncho, May 10, 2013
  18. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You seem crankier than normal. Did you stay up too late last night?

[​IMG]

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I knew you couldn't stay away from Salty and Spaceboy's liitle love fest for long. Hey guy's look Arbo the clown showed up how about making it a threesome? You guys crack me up. LOL!

The Three Amigos. Which one of you wears the sombrero in the family? Can't be Salty he's to proud of that yankee slouch hat.

#99 poncho, May 10, 2013
  20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If there is a permissive will of God, I believe it to be more on an individual level. Scripture says all governments were ordained by God, and the power comes from God. So based on that, I would say that Obama's two election victories are God's perfect will.

That does not mean that I agree with his policies, or that his policies follow the Constitution, or that him being President is good for our nation. It being God's perfect will, one asks why. We do not know the will in this circumstance. It could be part of a bigger puzzle that marches towards the working out of the end times. It could be judgement because the Lord has so richly blessed our country, and we not only sin, we brag about it. On the positive side, it could be to wake our unspiritual eyes, although that would be my last choice. I do not believe, especially on a nation level, anything is left to chance.

The elections of 2008 and 2012 only are recent history. We could ask, why on earth was Jimmy Carter elected in 1976, or Nixon in 1972?