1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BB Recipe Collection #2

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by donnA, May 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

There sure is, I had these the other night.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Pastor's wife, that sounds great. I'd love to make that. Think I'll have to cut the recipes in half. Every breakfast casserole I've seen had rice, and I want to keep my carbs down.

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I had actually modified the recipe quite a bit. I originally used bread and only one roll of sausage, but the bread turned out soggy when reheated in the microwave and there wasn't enough sausage for such a big baking dish. Cutting the recipe in half is probably a good idea.

4. Lori

Lori New Member

Dump Cake

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (B. Crocker is good)
    1 (Whole) Stick of Butter
    2 Cans of Cherry/Blueberry Pie Filling
    1 Package of chopped nuts (your choice)
    2 Cans of Crushed Pineapples (Dole is good)

In an 8X? (regular cake pan size) pan "dump" in your two cans of pineapple. Spread evenly over the bottom, trying not to leave any spaces. *The amount you drain them/not is up to you* Next, *oh so gently* "dump" both cans of pie filling on top of the pineapple. Spread veery carefully over the pineapple and DO NOT MIX. Remember to try and cover the bald spots. Next step is to pour the cake mix over the top of the fruits and spread evenly. Slice the butter and cover the cake mix with it. Sprinkle the nuts over the top of the whole thing. Bake in the over for 30min (just follow the cooking time&temp for the cake mix, listed on the box). Let cool.

This is one of the best desert recepies I know and one I am asked to fix all the time at parties.

We all know it doesn't have any calories or carbs. ;) ;) :D

azwyld
    <*}}}><

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

A lady in our church made this for me and my husband. It was absolutely wonderful!!!!

Grasshopper Dessert Squares
    9 servings
    From Pampered Chef’s "Delightful Desserts"

21 fudge mint cookies (1 _ cups finely chopped)
    1 Tablespoon butter or margarine melted
    1 quart vanilla ice cream
    1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
    _ teaspoon peppermint extract
    4 drops green food coloring (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350o F. Finely chop cookies; place in small bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 8" square baking dish. Bake 8 minutes. Cool completely.

2. Place ice cream in refrigerator for 20 minutes to soften. Place crust in freezer.

3. Scoop ice cream into bowl. Stir until softened and blended; gently fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping, peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread ice cream mixture evenly over cold crust. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.

4. When ready to serve, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut dessert into squares with knife dipped in warm water. Garnish with a dollop of remaining whipped topping and extra cookies.

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well its not really a strawberry shortcake per se, but ever since I made one years ago its been a long time favorite here. Its a strawberry jello poke cake but taste like a shortcake.

Strawberry Poke Cake

1 white cake- mix and pour into a 9x13 pan &
    cook as instructed on box cool
    and poke holes in top. (Holes
    should be the size of your pointer
    finger) the handel of a wooden
    spoon works great. Space approx 1"
    - 1 1/2" apart.

1package of strawberry jello mix- mix jello
    as directed and chill until it
    is beginning to thicken slightly
    pour on cake and smooth into holes

1 tub of Cool Whip- Spread like frosting on top
    cake. Keep in the fridge.

*try other flavors of jello for differnt taste i.e. lemon, peach,orange..ect or add pudding. Enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BTW, It sounds like alot of trouble but its well worth it. My sister makes a sugar free version and no one could tell the difference.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I love that cake and it's really not hard to make. I didn't know it had a name! I always just called it "Jello Cake".

When I make it, I place fresh strawberries on top of the cool whip. Turns out very pretty!

8. I Am Blessed 24

(I found this recipe online, and I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I thought I would pass it on. It doesn't get much easier than this!)

This recipe got 5 stars review at allrecipes:

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake

Just two ingredients and you have a moist delicious cake. Great when frosted with your favorite cream cheese frosting. Plan ahead,
    tastes best after chilling.

Prep Time: approx. 5 Minutes.

Cook Time: approx. 25 Minutes.

Ready in: approx. 30 Minutes.

Makes 1 - 9x13 inch cake (15 servings).

1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
    1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin

Directions:

1) Preheat the oven to 350º
    Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
    2) In a large bowl, mix together the spice cake mix and canned pumpkin until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
    3) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and serve, or store in the refrigerator. This tastes even better the next day.

9. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds great! But I'm a spice nut, so I would dump in a bunch of extra cinnamon and clove!
    You can do the same thing with applesauce.

10. I Am Blessed 24

I had it for supper tonight and it was scrumptious! I put cream cheese icing on it. Yummmmmmm!

11. I Am Blessed 24

NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

1 18 oz jar peanut butter
    2 sticks oleo
    1 2# box powdered sugar
    1 1/2 cups rice crispies

COATING

1 16 oz bag of chocolate chips
    1 stick parafin

Mix by hand, roll into 1 inch balls, lay on wax paper and insert toothpick into each one.

Melt parafin in microwave, add chocolate chips until melted and stir. Dip balls into chocolate mixture and set on wax paper to dry - remove toothpicks.

Yield: 100-150 balls (depending on size)

(These are very easy for the kids to make all by themselves and they are delicious!)

12. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can eat parafin? I thought it was just for putting a layer on top of home canned stuff to seal the jar, or making candles.
    The cookies we make go in a tin with others and sit until they're used, two weeks or more. These sound like they need to be in the fridge. (good though!) Do they?

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've seen parafin used in recipes before.

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blhelp8.htm

14. I Am Blessed 24

Mine are going to sit in tins until Christmas!

No, they don't have to be refrigerated, but I DO keep them someplace cool (they don't stick together if they're completely dry before you store them)...

Donna is correct. Parafin is used in a lot of candy and cookie recipes. ;)

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

I made this the other night and we loved it, a mild mexican taste, really good.

Baked chicken w/ rice

for the baked chicken,
    1 whole chicken
    2T. lime juice
    1t. cumin
    1/2t. garlic powder
    salt and pepper
    1t. paprika for color

Rub spices on chicken and sprinkle a little inside, pour the lime juice over and in the chicken and rub it on also. Put the chicken in s casserole and add 1c water. Bake 350 till done.
    For the rice(I use a rice cooker, so you'll have to adjust this to whatever you rice cooking method),
    2c. rice
    1t. cumin
    1T. lime juice
    salt and pepper
    2 large garlic cloves cut up
    1/4c chopped onion
    water to cook with, I used some of the pan juices that had formed in the casserole by this time.
    Cook all these together. I also added some of the juices when the chicken was done to keep the rice moist.
    A very subtle flavor by definately good.

16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

~I Am Blessed 16,
    You just reminded of a pumkin drop cake that we made last Thanksgiving by accident (it was me that caused the accident). I dropped the pumpkin cake that my mother in law and her sister made (they added alot of extra ingredients so I'm useing yours because its much easier! ;) ) Well any how I dropped it as I took it out of the oven and with the cake going to be our desert I had to think fast! :eek: So I suggeted a "drop cake". LOL Mother in law said for me to go ahead with the concotion so heres what I did...

Drop Cake

ingreadients: Cake, 2pkgs instant vanilla pudding, medium to large tub cool whip.

1.Scoop fully baked cake off the floor (but preferably just drop the cake in bowl *see step 2.) ;)

2.Put 1/2 of cake in large bowl or container break up into chunks the size if golf balls

3.Mix 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding and have cool whip ready.

4.Now put 1/2 of puddin and 1/2 of cool whip over first layer of cake.

5.Then add rest of cake and top it off with remaining pudding and cool whip.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the funny thing is every one liked it and it was all me, my MIL and her sister (my aunt) could do to keep a stright face every time we got a compliment. We would grin and look at each other with that look as if only everybody knew where this cake had landed an hour ago! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving....(and I'm thankful for nobody knowing our secret!) :D
    Music4Him

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

That does sound good m4H. If I could eat thats I'd make one. Minus the floor of course. LOL

18. music4Him

music4Him New Member

LOL ~Donna you won't believe it but I just got back from MIL's Thanksgiving and you know they asked me where that drop cake was! tee hee hee [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I guess I better make one agian......minus the floor too (I think...I hope?) :eek: and I'm also going to use I Am Blessed 16's pumkin cake recipe. I know the one that MIL had called for alot of extra ingredients.

Music4Him

19. I Am Blessed 24

You will love it M4H ! My 'guys' are asking me to make another one already! And it is SO easy!

It's heavy though, so be careful not to drop it on the floor... [​IMG]

§ue

20. shawna w

shawna w New Member

Ok how about any fast easy (or not) recipies for cheesy potatoes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.