1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Be Careful of Memes.....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scarlett O., Jul 4, 2020.

1. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my aunts stated that she would not longer vote for Trump because he told people to drink Chlorine. Her news source? CNN.

Then there are the numerous Russia hoaxes, the false belief that Thomas Jefferson fathered children with slaves, the false belief that the South did not succeed over slavery, etc.

You don't need memes to spread false beliefs. And to be honest, I think that many of these people are true believers. I don't think they are posting this because they like spreading false information. They really think what they say is true.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Red caps" (like the bonnet rouge) were an old sign of serving Mithra of Phrygia (Phrygian cap), and it became as sign in the French revolution of France and secular humanism of the Jacobins therein, as used and fomented by the Jesuit order (Adam Weishaupt, Augustin Barruel, Voltaire, Guillotine, and Jesuit trained Maximilien Robespierre who influenced persons like Jean-Paul Marat and others like Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Jacques Necker)

Phrygian cap - Wikipedia

Symbolism in the French Revolution - Wikipedia

A French and American Symbol of Freedom: Phrygian Cap/Bonnet Rouge

Maximilien Robespierre - Wikipedia

The current "red caps" (though with a new modern label of MAGA, Make America Great Again) is also tied to the Jesuits and revolution, as was foretold in Daniel 11, etc.

America Magazine

America (magazine) - Wikipedia

Therefore, ask yourself why all of the sudden revolution, the overturning of secular humanism, for religious humanism (Papacy), and the "red caps" which proclaim to make "America" great again? Which "America" is being referred to? The freedom of conscience, lliberty and religion of the Lamb, or the "America" of the Dragon (Rev. 13) where the White house (named after Andrew White, a Jesuit) who founded "MARYland" next to VIRGINia.

Andrew White (Jesuit) - Wikipedia

3. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said - true believers.

• Like Like x 2
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now it is Maxwell's suicide note that is being found?

5. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just because:

N.A.S.A. - Not Always Scientifically Accurate
    N.A.S.A. - Never A Straight Answer
    N.A.S.A. - Numerous Anomalies Scams Abound
    N.A.S.A. - National Academy of Space Actors
    N.A.S.A. - Not Anything, Simply Aether,
    N.A.S.A. - Neither Aerospace, Sadly, Astro-NOTS!
    N.A.S.A. - Never Accept Serpent Assertions.

... does not validate the heresy of 'flat-earth' rhetoric. One error demonstrated (NASA), does not validate an associated error (flat-earth) as true.

The position taken, is a scriptural (KJB), historical and scientific one. God will never allow sin to leave this planet [world, spheroid, it is the quarantine zone, the sickbed of the universal Hospital [angels, as nurses, Christ Jesus the Great Physician, a leper colony on an island in space, struck off [temporarily] from the continent of heaven, etc], and even now [since the Cross] satan is trapped here, unable to leave [1 Timothy 6:7 (which seems to draw upon Job 1:21 & Ecclesiastes 5:15); Revelation 12:8-13; Romans 5:6 [combined with Revelation 12:10]; 2 Corinthians 4:4 [this world only and no other worldly body in the heavens] KJB].

Psa_115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
    The ‘space program’ is actually another system based upon the ‘tower of babel’ reasoning/thought, being another way up into Heaven other than The Way (John 14:6), another ladder other than the Jacob’s Ladder - Jesus Christ. The only way into Heaven now is by vision, or by John 14:1-3.

Some names I may recommend to you (most of which is freely available online to read or watch, consider scientifically). Bill Kaysing. James Collier (Was it only a paper moon); Bart Sibrel (Astronauts Gone Wild); Ralph Rene (Nasa Mooned America), and Marcus Allen (author, speaker with Aulis & Nexus magazine). David Percy (What happened on the Moon, Analysis; Hall of Mirrors), Mary Bennett. Jim Fetzer. Jarrah White (Moon Faker, Mars Faker (youtube)), Richard Hall, and in this present list, last but not least, N.A.S.A. itself, and its own material, still available and that which has since been removed, deleted, redacted, etc. Do I agree with everything they have said or done? Of course not. I am only interested in facts, which substantiate the scriptural position.

6. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  7. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just the meme's please:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You might consider an animated meme:

9. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has been established, but not acknowledged, because once a coverup always a coverup, that the fatal bullet came from a friendly in a follow up security vehicle in the motorcade, who had only been in service for a few months. He was there that day because the regulars had been out on a bender the night before.

10. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it?

11. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wiki is one big meme then. I can go in a change anything, anytime.
    Memes say things in a quick second that no one would bother to read if you did a post. What is stated in posts, with links, is no more guaranteed to be fact than the meme. You still have a bee in your bonnet about Ginsburg. IMO, you found some excuse for her quote, & hung your hat on it, there are a mountain of excuses to pick from. Get a grip. Oh and btw, your response was was not a first person quote. I quoted her. Can’t get more factual than that.

#31 Wingman68, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that this Senior Citizen must find a 4th grader to make me a meme???

On a serious note though- the one meme that drives me nuts is the one that says that a one term congressman will receive his annual pay as retirement for the rest o his life. - That is totally untrue.
    In addition, they usually add 5 or 6 other things in that meme - and for the most part, those items are incorrect as well.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I'm not mistaken, there are some pages that cannot be changed.

I do use Wiki, often I get a different point of view - there are links- but again, true research means research. And it takes times.

14. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    89926775_10157631048696329_2361223670443016192_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL!! No. Just google "meme generator" and it will take you some. Make an account. [1] Upload one of their pictures or load your own. [2] They ask what you want to say on the top and bottom line. [3] Then click "make meme".

I'm a senior adult and even I can do it!!!

There are scores like that and people swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

17. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and who trusts Wiki? I don't.

I am no fan of Ruth Ginsburg. At ALL! Trust me on that. She needs to be long gone from the Supreme Court.

I looked for no excuse at all. I found quotes from her book [report/review] on gender bias in the penal codes that she co-wrote in the 1970's.

It was clear as day what she was talking about. She cited the pending bill about rape. It wasn't a short bill and only at the end did it reveal that some senators wanted the consent age to be lowered to 12. She was not addressing the age of consent that the Senate bill touted. Her focus was on gender language in the penal code. Whether she is right or wrong on that - I don't care.

Do you really believe we have a Supreme Court Justice - and a female at that - who believes adult men and women should be having sex with 12-year-olds? And would say that in writing?

She didn't say it.

And what was disgusting to me was that some of our politicians in the Senate WANTED the consent age lowered to 12 in 1973.

If I do have something stuck in my craw - and I do - is memes that share no credible primary or secondary source and pass it off as truth.

That's all.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neat! This is fun! :Biggrin

upload_2020-7-6_14-15-23.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did- thus, I need to find a 4th grader......
    Now, I know how my grandmother felt, when I tried to explain a tape recorder (this was b4 tape cassettes)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

#40 Alofa Atu, Jul 6, 2020