1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beacon University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by eddie, May 21, 2005.

1. eddie

eddie New Member

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I work as a civilian for the Department of Defense and I am an ordained Baptist minister serving as an associate pastor.

I'm currently in an online Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program at Beacon University, which is located in Columbus, GA. It is TRACS accredited, interdenominational, and has plans to pursue regional accreditation. One of my professors, Dr. Durden, has a Ph.D from Mid-America Baptist Seminary, which I see has been discussed on this board. I plan to finish an M.Div through Beacon and possibly a D.Min.

Before attending Beacon, I completed 15 hours through Southern Christian's online program. I find the coursework at Beacon more challenging and the quality of instruction higher than at SCU.

The cost is reasonable at $185.00 per semester hour and Beacon students can use federal financial aid. If anyone would like more information about Beacon please let me know.

Cheers!

[ May 21, 2005, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: eddie ]

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never heard of Beacon before.

3. eddie

eddie New Member

Martin,

I had never heard of Beacon U. either until last year when I took a look at the TRACS accredited schools to find a lower cost alternative to Southern Christian that could be done completely online.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It just goes to show that there are many fine schools out there that are not well known. diamonds in the rough?

5. eddie

eddie New Member

"Diamond in the rough" is a nice way to put it.