1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bearing False Witness is a Sin, A Warning of God's Judgment

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Humble Disciple, Aug 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do modern-day Calvinists like John MacArthur insist on breaking the ninth commandment for any preacher or theologian who disagrees with their theology, by falsely accusing them of Pelagianism?

In doing so, aren't they setting themselves up for hell, by incessantly lying about their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ?

It seems that modern-day Calvinists like MacArthur are jealous or resentful of Charles Finney and other non-Calvinists for winning more souls to Christ than they do, so they smear him and many other teachers, thus violating the tenth commandment as well.

In this video, Leighton Flowers demolishes John MacArthur's strawman arguments against Jacobus Arminius and Charles Finney as somehow being Palagean:

While I don't find Flowers' own system of provisionism compelling, he's at least good at dispelling the lies that modern-day Calvinists like John MacArthur tell about Molinism, Arminianism, Finneyism, etc.

Matthew 19
    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Charles Finney, like Billy Graham after him, was far from being a Pelagian:

Why can't modern-day Calvinists be more like George Whitefield, who worked alongside John Wesley on the mission field as fellow Methodists, by agreeing to disagree on predestination?

The Prosperous Lifestyle of America's Anti-Prosperity Gospel Preacher | The Roys Report

Phil Johnson Covers Up John MacArthur’s Extraordinary Compensation & Lifestyle in Devious Statement to The Christian Post & Interview with Justin Peters - BrentDetwiler.com -

Matthew 7:5
    You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

As I've demonstrated on this forum, I have no intention whatsoever to smear Calvinists of goodwill, like John Piper, Charles Spurgeon, George Whitefield, Matt Chandler, etc.

[​IMG]

Falsely accusing others of Pelagianism is a violation of forum rules:

#1 Humble Disciple, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Neither your or poor Leighton demolish anything. Leighton was on here for years and we routinely handled anything he offered. His 101 podcast is a disgrace.
    Your attacks are without merit. You have been exposed more and more as a suspect attacking godly teachers.
    19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
    Your errant theology is out in the open.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though I don't particularly care for Flowers' theology, every single time that we are falsely accused of Pelagianism on this forum is a violation of forum rules.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People often use less than honest terms for theological positions opposed to their own. There is no difference between calling Arminianism Pelagianism and calling Calvinism Fatalism. Yet those names are tossed about quite often.

I suspect there could be two reasons - a lack of understanding of the opposing side or an inadequacy to defend one's own position.

6. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm very sure that John MacArthur is more educated about what Arminius and Finney taught than he puts on. Out of his own insecurity, he'd rather lie about what they actually taught.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Because you and others seek to re-word a man centered works synergism, does not make anyone guilkty of slander when they identify it.
    If that is what you believe, own it!
    here you admit to your true identity as a noncal as you post;
    we are falsely accused....yep, that is who you were the whole time. your charade did not fool anyone.
    On this board, you are welcome to post anything that is non-blasphemous, so go for your free will Finney-loving ideas.
    just own them...

I could post a series of threads;
    the real Judas [ misunderstood, poor self esteem, forced and bullied into suicide]
    the real Joseph smith [chased away from my because of his dreams]
    the real mary baker eddy and extol their virtues[sincere woman, slightly off track]
    the real Jim jones[ had an emotional breakdown]
    the real david koresh[ persecuted for using his free will]
    posting something and slandering godly pastors is quite foul. Posting that error is pretty close to truth is nonsense.

8. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is ironic that HD bore false witness regarding Reformed theology and now starts this thread.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah yeah we know Leighton suggests man is response...able...we dealt with all his ideas.
    No need for you to slip them in...check the archives.

11. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you even watch the video, in which Dr. Flowers disproves that claim?

Why do you continue to bear false witness?

[​IMG]

12. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't even like or believe in provisionism, but that doesn't make Dr. Flowers a Pelagian.

13. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist

14. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like you have set yourself up to be the judge of who has good will and who doesn’t.

Given your relentless assault on Johnny Mac, perhaps you should put yourself in the second category.

What was that thread you started about Johnny Mac….. something about logs and splinters and eyes and such. Ironic.

peace to you

15. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not accuse John MacArthur of hypocrisy and bearing false witness unless I was able to demonstrate, with evidence, that it's true, which I've already done on this forum. (John 7:24)

#15 Humble Disciple, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  16. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you have demonstrated he disagrees with your conclusions and accused him of possibly losing his salvation as a result.

And I can’t help but notice you didn’t deny misrepresenting yourself on this board.

I think I see you clearly now. I’ll leave you to it.

peace to you

17. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Prosperous Lifestyle of America's Anti-Prosperity Gospel Preacher | The Roys Report

Phil Johnson Covers Up John MacArthur’s Extraordinary Compensation & Lifestyle in Devious Statement to The Christian Post & Interview with Justin Peters - BrentDetwiler.com -

Let's wait and see what happens when the SEC finishes investigating the MacArthur family.

I sincerely hope that Dr. MacArthur will repent before judgement day comes. I have no reason to lie about my desire for his sincere repentance, since I'd never wish for him to enter damnation.

18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    This proves you are not Reformed like you originally claimed. You have lost all credibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jacobus Arminius himself was from the Reformed tradition, which is why classical Arminianism is often called Reformed Arminianism.

Calvinism also traditionally teaches that if you live in willful, unrepentant sin, it's a sign that you were never among God's elect in the first place.

2 Peter 1:10
    Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble,

20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You specifically claimed Calvinism. You were deceptive and deceitful. You have no credibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.