1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Became a new member today

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shannon_loves_Jesus, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Shannon_loves_Jesus

Shannon_loves_Jesus New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say, "Hello" and introduce myself.

I'm Shannon from Nashville, TN. I'm originally from Alabama, and I've been in the Nashville area since 1999, and I love it here. So much to do in the area.

I am single, never been married, and do not have any children. I have a 9 year old Field Spaniel named, Suerte, which means "Lucky" in Spanish, a black, long haired cat by the name of "Sam, two parakeets, and two large fish aquariums with beautiful freshwater fish.

I accepted Christ as my savior at age 7, and in 2004 I rededicated my life to the Lord.

I was brought up Southern Baptist, attended a Christian, Fundamental Baptist school in Alabama and went there from pre-k up to junior high, then attended a public school for high school. I was brought up in a Southern Baptist church and presently attend a Southern Baptist Church that holds, I think, around 2 thousand (?).

I'm excited that I am now able to attend church every Sunday. I'm a registered nurse, and usually in nursing weekends are required at times, even if it's once every month or few months. I'm so blessed to now have a position where I can attend church. What a blessing! I'm just tickeled pink about!:godisgood:

Well, I'm excited to become a member of this Baptist Message Board site. I have been recently reading the Bible daily (something I was bad about doing before), and I am now starting to have TONS of questions about what I've been taught and what I read in the Bible. So, I'm really excited about being on here and being able to talk with other believers and get others input and be able to ask questions.

Hope everyone that reads this has a wonderful weekend.

In Christ,

Shannon from Nashville, Tennessee:wavey:

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Shannon. Welcome aboard the good ship BB. I hope your cruise with us will be a comfortable one.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Welcome aboard Shannon!

4. Shannon_loves_Jesus

Thank you for the welcome Rippon.

5. Shannon_loves_Jesus

Preacher4truth, thank you for your welcoming message.

In Christ,
    Shannon

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Shannon.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Welcome to Baptist Board Shannon!!

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome to BB from a fellow "Music City" [actually Antioch] resident!! :wavey:

Hope you find many friends here.

9. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

welcome from your neighbor to the north.....

10. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Welcome, from one "jesusfan" to another!

11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Shannon, welcome. You don't have to worry about your questions. We have all the answers here. Not all of us will have the same answers, but we'll have answers.

The prevailing philosophy among us here is "I may be wrong but I'm never in doubt."

Naturally, I'm having a little fun here, but I'm serious. You are going to learn a lot here. We have some pretty serious Bible scholars on the Baptist Board.

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!