1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Beheading Videos

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Greektim, Feb 18, 2015.

?
  1. Yes I have in the past (but no more)

9.5%
  2. Yes I do and continue

4.8%
  3. No I never have and never will

85.7%
  4. No but I plan on it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. What videos?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you read what I quoted from Peter's first epistle?

Do you not know your calling? With your approach, you will not make your calling and election sure.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? To make them easier to control.

I understand that the Jordanian pilot was drugged before he was burned.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I KNOW my calling and my election is sure-----(1)my calling is in the Lord Jesus----I have been called to salvation and sanctification THROUGH Christ Jesus my Lord and Master!! (2) My election is sure---not through any self effort on my part----not if I give up willing or go with a struggle---but my election is sure only through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ!!

He is the one who calls

He is the one who makes my election sure!!!

I am sure of Him----and I am sure through Him!!!

I want to challenge you to look carefully at the passages found in Hebrews 11----verses 32-34

Don't you think for one second that David wouldn't run a blade through the belly of a jihadist!!!! Don't you think for a second that David didn't go walking around with 4 smooth stones left clackin' in his front pocket and wouldn't hesitate to use all 4 of them and then start looking around for 5 MORE smooth stones!!

Don't you think for one second that Samson wouldn't pick up the jawbone of an ass and do it "all over again!!"

Don't you think for one second that they wouldn't know how to "quench the violence of fire" in the year 2015-----and how'd they quench the violence of fire??? By the very faith----that they were sure of the one who had elected them

Let me ask you a question!!! Lets use this scenario

You are caught by some jihadist group-----they're over there using the bathroom all over you and wasteing you and spitting on you and slapping you around and douseing you down with 100 octane gasoline and a little diesel oil to boot and some woman jihadist is holding a Bic lighter---fixin' to flick it for a flame-------and I'm over there 1000 yards away secluded in the forested mountain range armed with a Remington .300 Magnum and I know I am doing the will of Almighty God by being there and I have the crosshairs of my scope between her eyes and I can pull the trigger and that bullet will whisk its way to its target and drop said target and you will become a free man------you will have "escaped the edge of the sword" just like the ole Hebrew writer says-----you wouldn't want me to "do" the target????

I understand that as Believers----our fight is in the unseen spirit world---I understand that we are to approach the Gates of Hell itself----in the spirit world and do battle against the spirit world of powers and principalities and rulers of the darkness-----but I live on the air of caution---because I believe that as we see the "day" approaching------that we will see more and more the fact and truth that Hell is literally manifesting itself in the physical world and that our spiritual fight will soon be carried over into the physical world and we will see---and hear---and taste---and feel---the literal gates of hell----and I want to live my life in such a way that----spiritually---I will cause hell to back up!! And physically---if need be---I want to cause hell to back up!!!

4. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep referencing Old Testament saints in your arguments, and you're mis-applying them.

You need to do some study as to what Calling and Election are.

ISRAEL was ELECTED toward an earthly inheritance of land and prosperity, CALLED to secure it through obeying the Law

BELIEVERS (OT & NT) were ELECTED toward a heavenly inheritance, CALLED to secure it through suffering with Christ.

I'm not making this up, either. You need to get in the scriptures and find this out for yourself.

Why do you think many are called, yet few are chosen? Read Hebrews 11, commonly called the Hall of Faith. It's really the Hall of Suffering. They endured harsh treatment, as the heavenly Elect have always done.

But not every believer is one of the Elect. You are told to make that sure. Read Romans 8:17 and 2Timothy 2:12 to start

We are called to suffer with Christ.

It is the very substance of Predestination, Election, Calling, Inheritance and Rewards. God foreknew a few as sons, and placed them on a path to suffer with Christ and become a joint-heir with Him.

We are called to make our calling and election sure.

If God purposes to save me from a calamity, He will let me know.
    And if it is time to have stones hurled at my head, or be fastened to a cross, or to be set afire, I shall look up and see Christ standing at the right hand of the Father. And He shall receive me unto Himself.

Trust Him, brother. You won't need a rifle when He's called you to it

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

What of the countless through the ages who-----in their lives as believers----is not found an ounce of suffering for the Lord Jesus?? I reckon (1) their lives are wasted (2) they've fallen short of the glory in that suffering didn't befall them as believers!!

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Blackbird,

On this issue of "not going down without a fight" I am 10000000000% on the same page with you. If required I too would fight and use violence until my last breath.

I rather like General Patton's quote regarding how to win a conflict. "No poor SOB ever won a war by dying for his country, he makes the other SOB die for his" Sort of the disqualifies the State Department spokesperson suggestion of providing "jobs for jihadis" rather than defeating them decisively on the battlefield.

#46 quantumfaith, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I figure that "O" and the wimpy state department is gonna let the jihadists have my preaching job when they come and "do" me!!!!! That should settle their little rear ends down!!!:saint::saint::type: Make um be not so likely to do anyone else again like they done me!!!

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe you are drawing a wholly unwarranted conclusion. I am still a BB member and I have said nothing about laying weapons at the feet of Islam. In fact I have said the opposite! So go wash your mouth out with Lifeboy soap!

*****************************************************************************************************************

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I guess----in the voice of Bugs Bunny------

YOU KNOW------THIS MEANS ------ W A R!!!!

Personally-----I'd rather use Ivory!!!!! And Bugs Bunny(along with myself) ain't exactly politically correct!!! I'd just as soon whistle "DIXIE!!!" than any other war song I know!!!

#49 blackbird, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  10. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a pretty biblical assessment. I like it. Many called to suffer, few chosen as joint-heirs as a result of suffering.

B u t....

Be careful not to think of "glory" as "making it into heaven"

Because in more than several places in the NT, we see that glory is an honor bestowed upon us by God, and comes about through suffering

See Hebrews 2:9-10 for instance, where we see that Christ received glory and honor because He endured the cross.

See Mark 10:35-40, where James and John desired to sit at Jesus' right and left - in His "glory"

He said it is not His to give, but it is for those who were chosen beforehand

11. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...I guess it..., "wasn't the latter".

I'd fight to my last breath! Lay down and let them run over me? No way...

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

To what degree are we to suffer to become joint-heirs?? I always believed that it was through HIS sufferings alone that we are made joint-heirs----now, you are saying what??? That its through OUR suffering---that somehow we have to add some sort of intensity to the definition----that its HIS suffering plus OUR suffering??

Are you a Roman Catholic???

Just wondering!!!

13. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Not Roman Catholic. Southern Baptist by membership, though I disagree with much of what I've heard taught.

Check this passage....

Colossians 1:
    21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds,

22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach—

23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions.

25 Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God,

26 that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints,

27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory

Going to heaven? Having our debt cancelled? Passing from death to life? All handled by Christ, the Suffering One.

But He is not being led by the Spirit in your place, YOU have been called to walk. Romans 8:14

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well Ok, use Ivory. They don't make Lifeboy anymore anyhow! i'm partial to "DIXIE" myself!

15. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have an odd feeling that anyone who looks at stuff like this never saw combat.

16. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I have often wondered myself why people that know there about to be slaughtered or their heads taken off don't show any resistance. Maybe they are so petrified about what's going to happen that they go into shock and it's more of a bad dream than reality. It's like if someone comes out of the shadows some night and throws a gun on you. Chances are if you have never had this done to you, you would probably be so dazed you would freeze up. On the other hand, if you had training for such as this, you would react in self defense.

17. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It could be that with their hands tied there is little chance of much resistance and the result for trying could be beatings and torture - so they "merely" hope to make it quick instead.

To each his own, but me, I'd take the beating for the chance I might be able knock them down, maybe beat them with my head, and if I'm lucky get my teeth on their jugular vein. Just sayin...[​IMG] [​IMG]

Watching the video would not terrify me, but would probably make me angry and be all I could think about for the next couple days, so I haven't watched them.

That said, I'd be fine with taking the gloves off and seeing these types of cowardly acts being answered accordingly, if you know what I mean. [​IMG]

18. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm absolutely appalled that virtual nobody here seems to understand our calling in Christ, to follow His example in suffering

Read from Romans 8, which is all too often taken out of context.

14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again....

16 .... we are children of God,

17 .... and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him SO THAT WE MAY ALSO BE GLORIFIED WITH HIM.

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are NOT WORTHY TO BE COMPARED WITH THE GLORY that is to be revealed to us.

19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray.....

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

30 and these whom He predestined, He also called;.....HE ALSO GLORIFIED.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 Just as it is written,

“For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
    We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord

See what it says about being glorified with Him, and how that relates to being called Christ's brothers. Compare that to Hebrews 2:9-11

Those guys are not resisting because they have not received a spirit of fear. Resistance is nothing but an outworking of fear. But they have been predestined to be conformed to His image

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have wondered the same thing.

#59 Rolfe, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  20. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Well James, it should be patently clear by now, you are simply better and more spiritually mature than most of us. You obviously have greater control over your human emotions and the like.