1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have already seen other christians do this.
    Breathing on people. Most likely they think because Jesus did it anybody can do it. I also saw christians pray over paperhankees to lay them on the sick, they say this is okay cause Paul did it. But where does the bible tell us to do it? I guess you can argue about these things.

Or what about christians being in Africa where God mightily moves and then bringing along some earth with them which they collected in Africa in order to take the anointing with them? This seems like witchcraft to me.

Or what about prayer walks or however you call this? Where you walk around in a city and pray for the city against the forces of the enemy?

There are so many things today which come up, so many extra teachings, where I ask myself where do they even get this? This is confusing.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Much of what you describe is connected with the occult, and if not is just plain superstition. The best advice is just to ignore it all, study the Word of God, find a Bible-believing church, and be instructed in the Word of God by a faithful man of God.
    DHK

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Brother DHK has given you solid advice directly from the Scripture regarding Hinn and those of his ilk. You ask why would some do such things? The Scripture also tells us about Simon the Magician who offered Peter money if he (Peter) would give him the power to lay hands on people and give them the Holy Spirit. Peter strongly rebuked him. Read Acts 8:9-25.

I believe, based on Acts 8:9-13, that Simon the Magician wanted the power of the Holy Spirit for his own personal fame and in order to make money off the people and that is why Peter rebuked him so sternly.

Perhaps Hinn is a bit like Simon the Magician?

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes, this is a possibility that some people are simply attracted to the power which they can have that they don't care about anything else.

But an interesting question would be: Can God also serve christians through a person which does not have the right motives? Can God still do miracles through such a person? Because in Matthew 7:21-23 they say they did wonders and these wonders can also have helped people.

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Clearly these thing can not be supported from a literal reading of your Bible. I do make exception for prayer walking. I see nothing wrong with praying and walking around asking God to save the lost people that you come across or that live in the homes you pass by. We pray for lost people not for territory, not for houses, etc. However, I do not believe that one must prayer walk, in order to "bind up the enemy" before the gospel can be shared in a particular area. The gospel simply goes forth in power and people are saved as a result.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

The passage in Matthew demonstrates that even though these people were not of the Lord they were still able to do some great things in His name:

This shows that the power is in the name of Jesus and it does not belong to the men in and of themselves. This does not mean that we can be unsaved and still manipulate God simply by calling on the name of Jesus whenever we want. The text is just pointing out that many will say Lord, Lord... on the Day of Judgment and He will reply, "Depart from me I never knew you." The point is that you do not want to be one of those who Jesus says he never knew.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But this is also something I don't understand. How can somebody do miracles simply by using the name Jesus? How does this fit together with the story of the few men which wanted to cast out demons in Jesus name and got beaten up by the demons cause they didn't know them?
    How can a non-christian even have authority? Why should demons listen to him only because he uses the name Jesus?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There's no supposing. Hinn is a fraud. But will he go to hell for it? No. If he's saved, he'll be in heaven. If heaven were only for the perfect and righteous, few of us will be there.

9. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I don't know.
    Do you really think if he's a fraud he'll go to heaven? Does the bible not say that liars and murderers etc. do not go to heaven?I cannot find the verse right now.
    Do you think you can be a christian and betray others your whole life and still get to heaven? I don't think so.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Anyone who accepted Christ as Savior will be in heaven. Period.

You're taking a verse out of its intended context. If what you're saying is true, then none of us will be in heave, because we've all committed sins of abomonation at one point or another. If our actions determine our salvation, then salvation is based on works, not on faith, and Jesus was a liar.
    Then you think Jesus is a liar. Not only that, but heaven will be an awfully empty place.

11. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

So you think you can just accept Jesus and live like the devil and still get to heaven cause you have your ticket?

Faith without works is dead. Where are the works in such a case which show the faith?

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes. That's what the Bible says.
    Faith being dead without works is in regards to righteousness while on the earth. It is not in regards to salvation. If you studied scripture instead of jumping around the board trying to incite arguments, you'd be aware of that.

13. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

The demons also believe in Jesus, does this make them saved?

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

We're not referring to"believing". We're referring to "accepting". All one needs to do to attain heaven is to accept the gift of salvation. Period.

15. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

You can use 100 periods, this doesn't add any more persuasiveness to your posts.

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It's clear you have much to learn about scripture. If you want to have a discussion on the topic of faith vs works, please start another thread. That is not the topic of this thread.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Haha, all you can do is write down judgmental statements.

I have much too learn....

The KJVonlyism is nonsense...

Very convincing and by the way these quotes are from an evangelist, not from me. He seems to have the same opinion. But let me guess, he also has much to learn. Well, I guess we cannot all be as smart and knowledgeable as you.... [​IMG]

Hey, I got an idea for your signature:

Everybody is dumb, except me.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It was not a judgement, and not meant to be an insult. There's no shame in acknowleging that one has much to learn. Even I, a graduate of two bible colleges and ten years of post-graduate study to differing levels, nave much to learn.

As far as KJVOism, it's sheer nonsense. There is no scripture whatsoever to support KJVOism. Absolutely none. You're a newcomer on this board. I have asked for scriptural support of KJVOism on 122 separate occaisions over 4 years. To date, no one has ever provided any scriptural support.

If you can provide scriptural support for KJVOism, I'll gladly change my position.

20. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

We're not talking about KJVOism but about once saved always saved and you simply say that whoever does not agree with you has much to learn, this seems a bit narrow-minded in my opinion. I can do exactly the same and simply say you have much to learn. [​IMG]