1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by west, Mar 7, 2005.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw the expose of the shaman on Dateline last night. It shows the utter stupidity of those who will follow such a flase teacher. Why is it that so many non-believrs see through such nonsense but so many believers do not?

Mt. 24:24, "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

For those interested in the Greg Locke book exposing Benny Hinn, my husband is going to add the book to Greg's online store this week (not sure what day yet). The address to the store is http://www.greglockeministries.com/store.htm

You will be able to pay by PayPal or by mailing a check.

If you would like me to notify you when it is added, just PM me and I will let you know.

3. Brownov

Brownov New Member

Not saying that I agree with Hinn, seeing as he's a con-man and all, but his show is pretty funny. I mean I love to watch him "healing" people. It just cracks me up. His mock sincerity is really overboard and I love when he just breaks into song at his conferences, now THAT'S entertainment. The only thing that bothers me is that so many people see him and believe him.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The thing that angers me most about the shaman is the fact when non-believers bring that nonsense up and call that Christianity and name the people who follow him as stupid and fools. It definitely detracts from the gospel and why Christ came. When I come to them from what they know they see me as a fool for following him not so much as a fool for Christ. I will be glad when he is humiliated by God. We must humble oursleves before God before He has to do it by humiliation. I believe Hinn will be humiliated soon if not already.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't he the guy from round my way who runs around chasing after scantily clad 'ladies' accompanied by silly music? Oh, no wait, that's Benny Hill.

I'll get me coat...

Yours in Christ

Matt

PS Still, there are similarities: they both are middle-aged men behaving in a ludicrous fashion which has very little to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ

6. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received a Sword of the Lord advertisement in the mail just yesterday. The book Blinded by Benny caught my eye. It is one that I would like to add to my library.

I have a sister and a brother-in-law who both work for Benny Hinn Ministries in Dallas, TX. They are obviously greatly deceived by this man and his staff.

7. atestring

atestring New Member

8. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    His assurances would have more weight if his books were open. Why isn't he a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability?

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

His website and explanations.......

What a bunch of b-o-l-o-g-n-a

"The ministry just happened to buy land as wise investment for the Lord's money. The parsonage in which I live has tripled in value, making it a great investment for the Lord with your seed money." (paraphrased somewhat)

"The average cost of our hotel rooms through the year is $124 per hotel room. ......most cities GIVE us free hotel rooms during crusades."

(Okay, so if the FREE hotel rooms is included in the average, which I am sure it is, then the real PAID FOR average hotel room is probably greater than $300 to $500 per night.)

Usually, it is easy to read between the lines. Sadly, people who are taken in by these charismatic clowns con people so well, that they do not WANT to read between the lines. Or they hear justification for this and that and it becomes the norm. (and I use "charismatic" here in the form of a "Charismatic Personality or salesman personality" rather than "a charismatic religion")

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

:D

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Who was the preacher who would pick people out of the audience with ailments and call out their names?

Only to find out later that a reporter watched as people would stand in line outside acting like they were going in and they would get into a conversation with people and get their names and ailments.

A reporter caught him by using a scanner and sweeping the band and caught a wireless signal going to an earpiece where someone in the back was reading off these names and their ailments and he was picking it up with an earpiece receiver.

Who was that, does anybody remember?

12. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Phillip:

I believe you are referring to Peter Popoff. The reporter that caught him was the "Amazing Randi". http://www.randi.org/

Popoff is back on tv and I think he sells holy water, too. Fooling weak minded people is job security and pays well, I'm sure.

Randi is a skeptic that has revealed many "mysterious" works of charlatans. One thing I remember hearing Randi say one time was he couldn't disprove the workings of prayer.

13. 5xBlessed

5xBlessed New Member

Thanks! I'll check back every few days to see if you've found anything out. Will you ask if he takes Paypal? I can send a check but Paypal is easiest for me.

Lucy

14. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

For those still interested in Greg Locke's new book called Blinded By Benny please visit the link below. It has been added to his home page and is listed for $6.00. You can use PayPal on his site or you can contact me or Greg to send a check if needed.

http://www.greglockeministries.com/index.htm

[​IMG]

15. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it was the Televangelist on Fletch Lives. [​IMG]