1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Apps

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by StFrancis, Oct 14, 2015.

1. StFrancis

StFrancis Member

Which is the best Bible app? I have an Android version but some texts are omitted. What I also do not like about it is that you can edit the verses yourself. Is it advisable to edit the verses to suit your understanding? What about the others who will want to read it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like dead-tree bibles, the best one is the one you use.
    I use the Logos ipad app.
    The Logos Bible app for android is available too [LINK], it's free but you need to purchase the bibles and books you use on it.

There are so many others that are available.

Rob

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with Rob that I prefer a physical Bible but I have the ESV Bible app which is fantastic and I also use Blue Letter Bible, Olive Tree and Logos, although Logos can be costly if you want to add stuff to it (and there is so much stuff that I want!!). What Bible app are you using that you can edit? I've never heard of that.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. DMorgan

DMorgan Member

I have both the ESV and the NKJV on kindle for android. Works very well. I just cannot bring myself to carry my tablet to church. Old fashioned.
    As for actual apps, i like Bible Gateway.

6. chelle318

chelle318 New Member

I definitely agree that I like to hold my actual paper Bible in my hand. I do have a Bible app though since I wake up before the crack of dawn and don't want to turn on any lights and wake anyone else up. I use YouVersion and I love it. It has a ton of reading plans and all the translations I've ever heard of. Logos is great too!

7. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use Tecarta Bible