1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Reading Forums

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by bb_baptist, Dec 13, 2002.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

2. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible reading 2002 forum will be beginning anew on January 1st. If there is anyone who wishes to join in this schedule, we would be delighted to have you.

The plan follows the Discipleship Magazine reading schedule. For 25 days out of a month, the participant is sceduled to read four passages, the longest from the Books of History or Prophets, one from the Books of Wisdom, a passage of Gospel, and one passage from the Epistles (or in the final month, Revelation). I really liked this schedule last year and will continue to post the schedule each day and the following day's schedule in each thread. Comments were made each day this past year until December, when I became busy and did not take the time to post, but I will make it an effort this year to complete this endeavor.

Some folks did not like the breaking up of the reading in our scedule because they felt it was too disjointed. I, on the other hand, felt it was an advantage. To read more than three or four chapters of History would give one too much to digest in a single reading. The short passage from the Books of Wisdom allowed us to meditate on a brief thought, the daily Epistle passage made the Apostolic Writings a daily Letter, just as they were intended, and we received a daily dose of Gospel throughout the whole program.

Margie and I will both be continuing this year and have even persuaded our church to follow the same schedule, praise the Lord. Reading the Bible all the way through will strengthen the theology and beliefs of any believer, whether they are seminary trained experts or brand new followers. Please ask questions or add comments. We will look together for answers.

The invitation is open. In five days the forum will reactivate and I hope that you join us. The forum was very quiet last year by the time we got into the second or third month but I still received PMs and emails from the silent folks out there who were reading along. It was a very good experience.

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=33

3. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Except the forum will be renamed to Bible Reading Plan 2003 [​IMG]

[ December 27, 2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: webmaster ]

4. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Discipleship Journal program that we follow in the Bible Reading 2003 forum has begun. If anyone wanted to read along with us, it is not too late to start the schedule at the prescribed pace. There are 25 readings each month meaning that January will have 6 extra days at the end of the month with which a reader can catch up.

Reading the Bible is one of the most empowering acts a Christian can do. I strongly urge anyone who wishes to read the entire preserved Word of God to join us in one or both of our forums made for this purpose. [​IMG]

You can find the schedule at the bottom of any page on the BB or simply click here.