1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical Truth compared to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994) Part 2

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by DaveKJV1611, Sep 28, 2006.

1. DaveKJV1611

DaveKJV1611 New Member

Biblical Truth compared to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994) Part 2

Biblical Truth - God is the Only All Holy One, and the Only Source of Holiness
    • "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory." Isaiah 6:3
      "Who shall not fear Thee, O lord, and glorify Thy name? For Thou only art Holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee..." Revelation 15:4 "There is none holy as the Lord: there is none beside Thee: neither is there any rock like our God." ISamuel 2:2
      "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." Isaiah 42:8
    New Catechism - Mary is also the All-Holy One, and the Source of Holiness
    • "By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,' the All Holy One." Para 2677
      "From the [Romana Catholic] Church he learns the example of holiness and recognizes its model and source in the all-holy Virgin Mary..." Para 2030
      "The Fathers of the Eastern tradition call the Mother of God 'the All-Holy' (Panagia), and celebrate her as 'free from any stain of sin, as though fashioned by the Holy Spirit and formed as a new creature'" Para 493
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biblical Truth - In Salvation the Lord Jesus Christ Alone Mediates
    • "For there one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." ITimothy 2:5
      "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name [Jesus Christ] under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12
    New Catechism - In Salvation "Mary" Also Mediates
    • "Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her maniflod intersession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation... Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the [Roman Catholic] Church under the titles Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix." Para 969
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Biblical Truth -God Hates Idolatry
    • "Thou shalt not make unto thee any any graven image, or any likeness of anything...Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them." Exodus 20:4,5
      "And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even Ten Commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. Take ye therefore good heed uhto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake...Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure..." Deuternomy 4:13,15,16
      "Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen" IJohn 5:21
    New Catechism - The Roman Catholic Church Rationalizes Idolatry
    • "The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandant which proscribes idols. Indeed, the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype, and whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it." Para 2132
      "Basing itself on the mystery of the incarnate Word, the seventh eccumenical council at Nicaea (787) justified... the veneration of icons - of Christ, but also of the Mother of God, the angels, and all the saints. By becoming incarnate, the Son of God introduced a new 'economy of images." Para 2131
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Biblical Truth - Communion with the Dead - Forbidden in the Bible
    • "I am the LORD thy God...Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Exodus 20:2,3
      "There shall not be found among you any one ...that useth divination, or an observer of times, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. [one who calls up the dead]." Deuteronomy 18:10,11
      "And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits [divination; contacting the dead], and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God." Leviticus 20:6,7
    New Catechism - Communion with the Dead is Recommended by Rome

• "Communion with the dead. In full consciousness of this communion of the whole Mystical Body of Jesus Christ, the Church in its pilgrim members, from the earlist days of the Christian religion, has honored with great respect the memory of the dead...Our prayer for them is capable not only of helping ''them, but also of making their interession for us effective." Para 958
      "The witnesses who have preceded us into the kingdom, especially those whom God recognizes as saints, share in the living tradition of prayer...Their intercession is their most exalted service...We can and should ask them to intercede for us and for the whole world." Para 2683

Complied by Richard Bennett, Converted Catholic Priest, now an Evangelist.
    Email - [email protected] Website http://www.bereanbeacon.org
    Permission to copy this article and videos is given - http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=berean+beacon

#1 DaveKJV1611, Sep 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006