1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical View of Women by Kyle Butt, M.A.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by BobinKy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

Hmm. . . Gender discussions appear to draw crowds here on Baptist Board. At least the discussions usually are fast and do not drag along. Below is a link I discovered while researching a response for the Pyramids thread.

The Biblical View of Women by Kyle Butt, M.A. published online at the Agologetics Press website.

Check out the link -- it appears to be legit.

Any thoughts?

...Bob

#1 BobinKy, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
  2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

The article was written well, and while I did not parse it and chase down every reference, the tone and tenor seemed to indicate a balanced view in accordance with Scripture.

One of the primary examples I see in Scripture that demonstrates the true value of women as seen by God and His church is the simple fact that women were the discoverers of the Risen Savior. That could have been redacted or otherwise written to expunge what truly happened, and if we hold to a God who directs human activity and history, we know that He intended for women to be the discoverers, which says volumes about God's view of His created beings.

That men and women have differing ROLES is not the same as saying that they have different VALUE or POSITION before God and in society. Making women such is purely the work of sinful humans...

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just quickly viewed the article but I agree that it looks good. It's addressing not the role of women but the Biblical value of women and it seemed to be right on.