1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bickering???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by NomadsWife, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

There is a good example right there. just because someone shares a complaint or something real that happened in their life that was bad. Doesn't mean they have a martyr's complex. That was a very judgemnetal statement. Do you not even see how you come across :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]What DHK is referring to is the fact that we (the Moderators) have had our inboxes full all day long with Moderator Alerts regarding posts (all made by the same person) complaining about how badly they have been treated by both their fellow posters and the Moderators/Administrators. However, I personally cannot remember ever receiving one Moderator Alert, from the person who is complaining, notifying me that they have been attacked in one of the forums I moderate. What I have seen is that person taking offense at a post and responding in an unkind manner (and with personal attacks). That is not the proper mode of response. If you have a problem notify us by sending a Moderator Alert. Then you'll have to wait for our response because we are not always on-line and monitoring every single post that is made. However, what you must not do is leap to your own defense and start making personal attacks just because you feel that you have been attacked. Notify us, give us a chance (could be hours) to respond, and if all else fails walk away from the debate without attacking anyone.

Your's in Christ,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

2. Michaelt

Michaelt Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post bible-boy.

I think your tenor in your statments is admirable, and one that other members should attempt to emulate.

I don't envy yours and the others positions, having a mod title on another board myself, and knowing what you must deal with that is multiplied by it being a supposed "christian" board.