1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden and Dems Are Set to Abolish the Suburbs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......Well, there’s another “abolish” the president can add to his list, and it just might be enough to tip the scales this November. Joe Biden and the Democrats want to abolish America’s suburbs. Biden and his party have embraced yet another dream of the radical Left: a federal takeover, transformation, and de facto urbanization of America’s suburbs. What’s more, Biden just might be able to pull off this “fundamental transformation.”

The suburbs are the swing constituency in our national elections. If suburban voters knew what the Democrats had in store for them, they’d run screaming in the other direction. Unfortunately, Republicans have been too clueless or timid to make an issue of the Democrats’ anti-suburban plans. It’s time to tell voters the truth.

I’ve been studying Joe Biden’s housing plans, and what I’ve seen is both surprising and frightening. I expected that a President Biden would enforce the Obama administration’s radical AFFH (Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing) regulation to the hilt. That is exactly what Biden promises to do. By itself, that would be more than enough to end America’s suburbs as we’ve known them, as I’ve explained repeatedly here at NRO.

abolishing the suburbs. (In fact, I’ve explained it all in a book.) Initially, these anti-suburban radicals wanted large cities to simply annex their surrounding suburbs, like cities did in the 19th century. That way a big city could fatten up its tax base. Once progressives discovered it had since become illegal for a city to annex its surrounding suburbs without voter consent, they cooked up a strategy that would amount to the same thing.

Joe Biden and Democrats Are Set to Abolish the Suburbs | National Review

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Biden is also promising to undo as much of Trump's policies as he can.
    He will reverse Trump's tax cuts, that will make everything more expensive, business will pass that on to you at the stores.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and that is why it is imperative that we elect a R Congress and Senate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    People get exactly what they vote for, read what candidates say, read their party platforms, dont vote just because you like or dislike someone personally, the candidates mostly follow what their party believes in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But there is still cause for concern.

It will be very tough for President Trump to make a political issue out of Biden’s housing plans so long as his own cabinet secretary is talking about killing suburban single-family zoning with AFFH. I think Carson’s wobbling on AFFH explains a lot about why Democrats have become so bold with their plans to undo suburban zoning. If even the Trump administration goes along with federal attacks on suburban zoning, the Dems figure they’ve got political cover. Time was when Obama administration officials would turn somersaults to deny that they were going to control suburban-zoning decisions, even when it was obvious that this was their plan. Now, Biden and Booker are remarkably open about their desire to densify the suburbs and get rid of single-family zoning.

The Democrat war on the suburbs is a golden gift to President Trump, but he won’t be able to make use of it until he throws over Carson’s AFFH lite and completely guts Obama’s wildly radical regulation. Then Trump can go to town on Biden and the Dems for making war on the suburbs.​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What tax cuts?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I vote on performance. I look how the economy is doing, if the government is interfering, if there is unfair tax laws, trade laws, stupid policy, etc. in business, in order to get funding an permission to proceed with your endeavors, you are encouraged to submit an action plan— so where is it on both sides? See when it comes down to it, I like to make a profit so that’s my primary issue— I look at candidates, policy and where the country as a whole is headed. No need to be emotional & hysterical about anything except profits cause that’s the American way.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How bout health care issues like those costs... how about Trumps agenda on preexisting conditions? How about targeting entitlements like Social Security?

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did receive a tax cut - --- now you many not have gotten as much back in from tax WITHHOLDING -
    It only took me about 10 minutes to figure out the % I saved from the previous year.

Now, keep in mind - if you paid no federal income taxes - sure then you did not get a tax cut

10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, why hasn't Mr. Carson gotten rid of the AFFH?

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to this link - Carson is trying to get rid of it.

What am I missing? (serious question) must have had my head in the sand - I really haven't
    heard about this befroe I saw it here on BB

12. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe it was on the Tucker Carlson show the other night and that is when I first heard of it. The really bad plan is the combination of Sen. Corey Bookers (D-NJ) proposal and the AFFH, which makes it a total Federal takeover of local decision making.

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't heard of it because it's another fake Boogeyman that's been invented to rile up the Republican base.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what are your new tax right off ceilings?

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So in the past you have accused people like Rush Limbaugh and others on this board of their speculative nature in their commentary. Yet here in this post you're willing to commit an ad hominem against the op based on what information? Just because you don't like sources or stories I've got news for you the world doesn't evolve around you and what you like or dislike. Further you're not the arbiter of truth. You want to show up in a thread and flame it without any proof of your accusations on a regular basis. You're so willing to call for the censorship of certain sources that you personally don't like on this board. I'm going to say at once again it's time you pulled up your big boy pants and gaged the op like in a mature adult or just decide not to post at all you can go mow the lawn.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again I'm going to say you are talking to a mirror.

1. Calling a "thing" a Boogeyman is not an ad hominem. An ad hominem must be directed at a person.
    2. Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with the National Review, in fact, I enjoy many of the things I read there.
    3. I don't call for censorship of sources. Denigrate them, sure, call for censorship? No.
    4. My wife mows the lawn.

The fact is, if, and only if, a suburb takes money from HUD can it even REMOTELY be subject to directives from the federal government on housing issues. Don't want federal Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing in your suburb? Don't take the HUD money. Simple.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't say a thing wants to rile up the base, only a person can do that. if you're actually asserting a thing can rile up the base then you've got other issues to deal with. You did call for sources to be censored on this board I suggest you go back and look for your posts. I remember in fact telling you that you should just pull up your big boy pants and move on. Your hypocrisy in how you choose to respond to some posts is glaring and clear.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if my call for censorship is so evident, please post some examples.

You can hardly expect me to go looking for places where I called for censorship if I deny I've ever done so. Since my responses are "glaring and clear" shouldn't take you too long, should it?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you skip over you hypocrisy issue. Answer this: a thing cannot have the intent to rile the base. It has to be written by an author with that intention. Yes or no?

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose. I can't know the author's intentions, but I can tell you I interpret his claim that Biden and the federal government is going to "abolish the suburbs" as hyperbole.

Now, do you want to address my counterpoint that the only way suburbs are in danger of the actions in the article is if they accept HUD money?