1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Birthday of Jesus...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by WestminsterMan, Nov 22, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, I do not agree with anything in the article except that Christ was not born on December 25. First, to address the date. In Luke, Zacharieh, father of John the Baptist, was serving as in the order of Abijah as Chief Priest, which, according to records, had duty on the week of June 25 or 26. John the Baptist was born nine months later or in later March. We know from Scripture that Christ and John the Baptist were six months apart in conception, which puts Christ's birth in late September.

As far as the year goes, two words at the start of the article raise an automatic doubt. Those words are "the Pope declares." Most anything written by or recorded by Catholic hierarcy is based on the agenda of the Catholic Church, not Scripture or the purposes of God. I will go with historical records that existed before the Catholic Church came into existence around 500 AD. On top of all that, the author claims the 4 BC date is wrong, but cannot pinpoint a date other than "it was much earlier." Really, what can one say about an entity that used to create false genealogy charts to justify the birthright of kings.

#2 saturneptune, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

The best estimate is around 3 BC, last I heard. Big deal!

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The RC church pulled out of the Orthodox Catholic Church which had been around for several hundred years and there has not been an ecumenical council since which is why "Christianity" is defined by the old ecumenical creeds.