1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Black Conservatives (like JC Watts) Thinking of Voting For Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"Some of the Republicans interviewed, like Armstrong Williams and Colin Powell, well, I could take 'em or leave 'em, but I was surprised that J.C. Watts was thinking of becoming an Obamacan:
    J.C. Watts, a former Oklahoma congressman who once was part of the GOP House leadership, said he's thinking of voting for Obama. Watts said he's still a Republican, but he criticizes his party for neglecting the black community. Black Republicans, he said, have to concede that while they might not agree with Democrats on issues, at least that party reaches out to them. "And Obama highlights that even more," Watts said, adding that he expects Obama to take on issues such as poverty and urban policy. "Republicans often seem indifferent to those things."

http://www.alarmingnews.com/archives/007349.html

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I see color of skin still trumps the views for some... :tear:

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Being black means so much more than skin color. To be really black you have to think a certain way. "Conservative black" is an oxymoron to liberals. The pressure to not be labeled an "Uncle Tom" or an "Aunt Jemima" is great. Not only are they labeled these derogatory terms by their peers in ther black community but they are called these names by white political pundits also. Its a shame that blacks have to be liberal or they are not "black". What will be the fate of those like Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell (two men I belive will not "sell-out to the peer pressure to jump on the Obama bandwagon) when Obama wins?