1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Black Lives Matter Mission

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rippon, Rev Mitchell, Wpe3bql- Your point is taken. Thank-you.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, you marginalize based upon your source that is part of the system they are opposing.

And you didn't dismiss the website in what you said earlier. You dismissed their experiences upon which they said there was anti-Black law enforcement violence.

And you based your dismissal upon your data,not theirs. So unless you know what data they used, it's dismissive to discount what they said as the truth because you don't know what they are looking at.

As I said before, most black folks can tell you all sorts of stories about anti-Black police violence that hasn't made the news or that got swept under the rug. It's much more prevalent than folks want to believe in this era of militarized police.

I don't know anything about that.

Again, they created a hashtag. BLM is not an organization. The three founders of the hashtag can talk about whatever they wish. They don't control the movement as much as they probably think they do.

But THAT is not what you said. You said you wanted to know what BLM really stood for.

And my response was that you were looking in the wrong place. That website is about the vision of the three founders of the Black Lives Matter HASHTAG.

They aren't driving the movement and certainly don't speak ( at least to the degree that they apparently think they do) for the folks who are involved in the burgeoning movement.

It's not an organization unless someone has formed actual local organizations around the idea that Black Lives matter and given it structure and leadership.

Otherwise, you're confusing what the creators of a hashtag say with the ideals of the movement, and the two are definitely not aligned when you listen to the folks who are focused on Black Lives Mattering and not all that other ancillary stuff you said was on the website.

Possibly. But there is no reason why anyone should be opposed to anti-Black police violence.

And they want "don't tell me ALL lives matter when I'm trying to explain that Black Lives Matter".

Again, when ,as you initially did, you dismiss them as ignorant of the facts, it's not gonna endear anyone to want to share their experiences with you upon which they have based their statements.

You collectively dismissed their experiences.

Hearing the Gospel doesn't have anything to do with police violence against black people unless changing their hearts for Christ is going to change how they police Black people to the same way that they police white people. If they and a lot of folks have heard it, they certainly don't act like it.

That's what should be taking place period. But as I said to you all during the Presidential election about certain choices taking away your platform to do certain things. The same applies here.

When people see you marginalizing them and their experiences, when they see you dismissing as ignorance of the facts the police violence they are experiencing and have experienced...when they see white folks who call themselves Christians collectively supporting those things that have harmed them with no consideration for what they say, then in a lot of instances, you won't get that platform because your previous actions have given them reason to not listen.

What does this have to do with BLM?

Again, nice topic for another thread. But what does this have to do with BLM? You seem to be letting how you think black people feel about white people influence what your response to the BLM movement is.

This is how they see what? That Black Lives Matter?

In the midst of all of these murders of unarmed black people, you have to ask why black and white folks would get behind a movement that emotes that Black Lives Matter?

What other evidence do you need as it pertains to the essence of why they are saying Black Lives Matter?

Not all the crazy stuff from the website, but what is it about there being a Black Lives Matter movement that you don't understand given the current climate and police killing unarmed black people?

#42 Zaac, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  3. targus

targus New Member

Zaac, Poncho is that you?

Kind of funny how Poncho gets the boot and Zaac changes from his typical two or three word insulting responses to pondering droning endless posts.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like this board is beginning to be run (ruin?) just like the country!

Quick observation:: Maybe ZAAC is in fact the ZERO ---- that being the reason he has such (apparent) control in this board!?!? Just a thought. :laugh:

#44 just-want-peace, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As much as he seems to be against Whites, and particularly white police officers, I would guess Louis Farrakhan.

6. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I see that my request that the de-railing comments cease so that I could have an actual conversation has gone unheeded.

Zaac, I don't have time to respond to your post. Hopefully tonight after my evening class. I feel like we're closer to a meeting of the minds.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Neither of your statements have anything to do with this thread.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Take your time Sapper. I'm heading to the gym and a late run afterwards.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wasting your time. zaac is neither interested in the facts nor the truth nor "more accurate wording." His sole purpose here is disruption.