1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY GHOST What do you say that it is??

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by tamborine lady, Feb 25, 2004.

1. dr396

dr396 New Member

Two observations

1. Jailminister, I understand your view because it is general the accepted one by non-Calvinistic baptists, but it does not reflect hard exegetical work. If you look at any CRITICAL commentary (New American Commentary, NIGTC, NICNT, Word Biblical), then you will find that most scholars do not hold to this view. Also look at any major Systematic Theology book and you will also find that your view does not reflect that of theologians.

2. Me2, your logic is way beyond reason. You seem to have your own brand of critical thinking that is neither critical nor thinking in regard to this subject. You are inductive in your beliefs. You hold to something and then look for Scripture to support it. Your explanation of double jeopardy is very unsound and lacks any real reasoning. I am sorry, but I cannot talk to you anymore. You don't play by the rules of reason. You are in LA, I suggest you go to New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and take some classes in Christian philosophy from Robert Stewart and hermeneutics from Drs. England and Warren. They are some of the best thinkers in the SBC and among all evangelicals.

As for me, I am done with this topic, it has proceeded past looking critically and exegetically at the topic and that is the only way I can look at Scripture.

D.R.

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Huh?!?!

A *lot* of people 'represent God... Many are false. How can you tell? You often can't.

I reiterate the Sin of Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is wholly avoidable and can not be done ignorantly or without forethought.

'Sinning' against a messenger from God could be done innocently and unknowingly. So, why warn against something you have no control over.

This line of thinking goes back to all those that like to use the verse 'Touch not the Lord's Anointed' as a defense against criticism. Most of which is justified criticism IMHO.

As soon as the preacher goes off the deep end this line of reasoning comes into play so that people will accept a lie rather than risk 'judgment' from God for touching His Anointed.

Like Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit I believe that a very strong warning in one's inner man would be broadcast loud and clear before a person could actually commit the sin.

I know I have been really tic'd at preachers often I have been allowed to have my say.

But, there has been a few times were I was told to shut up (by the Holy Spirit)... And, I did.

3. Me2

Me2 New Member

far too many people want to identify themselves with God. Yet it will always be Gods order of calling, and Gods plans.

In Romans Paul speaks of vessels of wrath and vessels of mercy. One group chosen to receive AND REPRESENT the spirit of Christ.
    and there are the vessels of wrath. who are called to represent those living under the law and not to receive and represent the spirit of Christ during this age.

as in Jesus day. He identified himself as a vessel of mercy.. and all the Pharisees as vessels of wrath.

Who knows whos doing what?

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

can the false prophets and false christs love their enemies? No.

it eeks out of em that their all goin to hell!

The vessels of mercy can identify other vessels of mercy and also identify vessels of wrath.
    While the vessels of wrath cant identify no one. they cant even know if what they are saying is truth or error.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

the trick here is that many antichrist love to socialize. and when they know that admittance into the "in crowd" at the local church means they must recite that "Jesus is lord". some even go on further that Jesus spirit is in "their flesh".

yet they still cant understand, nor interpret Gods spirit message, nor love their brother, or enemy.

oops.

most people dont know what the two groups are called out for, but its not for this age. its for the next. both groups are being trained and identified in this age. blaspheming of God by the vessels of wrath are just another identifying sign given to the vessels of mercy for identification purposes. Another mark of the beast!!