1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blasphemy?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by moscott, Jun 6, 2007.

1. moscott

moscott Member

What do you say to someone who has blasphemed against God? I have an aquaintence at work who says "Why should I become a Christian or accept Jesus if the Bible clearly states that I will not be saved?" What possible hope does he have if the word of God is as it says regarding blasphemy? Thanks.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not cursing God's name...rather it is denial of the convictional power of the Holy Spirit leading one to salvation in their life that ends in the one unforgivable sin, that is denying God throughout their entire life and never receiving salvation.

3. HaveSwordWillTravel

HaveSwordWillTravel New Member

You need to talk with your friend a little more...

"Why should I become a Christian or accept Jesus if the Bible clearly states that I will not be saved?"

Don't challenge your friend about blasphemy, however, do challenge him to read his Bible a little better. It is hard to make and support the claim that you can't be saved. Maybe you could encourage him to spend some time in the Gospels looking at Jesus' time with the downtrodden and sinners and see if he is any worse than them.

Don't be discouraged and keep praying for him.

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

The Bible says, "For 'whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved'"(Rom. 10:13, NKJV). That is a biblical promise.

Lead your friend down the Roman Road to Salvation. Go to the following website and mark the passage down in you Bible. Then go through them with your friend.

http://www.contenderministries.org/romanroad.php

You could also print out that webpage and use it as a road map to lead your friend to salvation.:jesus:

I'll be praying for you and your friend.:praying: